2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was ahead of his man and came backwards to receive the ball from what I remember tbf

He showed in just that one chance, whether offside or not, where he turned sharply and shot so narrowly wide that he has the instinct for a goal, something DCL just doesn't seem to have for all his battling centre forward play and work rate, DCL just doesn't look like scoring.

Looks like this lad will be our starter in the future, and DCL will be used as a sub to run tired defences ragged. I honestly don't see anything on DCL's game to suggest his goal scoring will improve? Kean looks like he's going to be a top player

Because what if he's playing really well and causing the opposition loads of problems? Why would we take him off?
I would explain to him before the game that we don't think his fitness is quite there yet, therefore you've got an hour to improve it some more.

Pep once told Henry to stay in a certain place on the pitch, Henry moved from that area, scored, but was immediately taken off.

I would be looking to the future is what I mean.

I would explain to him before the game that we don't think his fitness is quite there yet, therefore you've got an hour to improve it some more.

Pep once told Henry to stay in a certain place on the pitch, Henry moved from that area, scored, but was immediately taken off.

I'm not sure of the relevance to this point mate?

His fitness might be there though, and it might show during the course of the game. You risk making players unhappy if you’re hauling them off for no reason.

I'm not sure of the relevance to this point mate?
My point is, if one of the worlds greatest Managers makes tough decisions for the team so should Silva, this is not about Kean, its about our future and doing what's best even if he is playing out of his skin. Too long on the pitch when clearly not match fit can do more harm than good.

My point is, if one of the worlds greatest Managers makes tough decisions for the team so should Silva, this is not about Kean, its about our future and doing what's best even if he is playing out of his skin. Too long on the pitch when clearly not match fit can do more harm than good.
not sure why people find it so hard to get, there is a difference between quality minutes and just garbage time.

Marco Silva says Moise Kean cannot suddenly be expected to become a starter for Everton after spending most of last season on the bench at Juventus.
The 19-year-old summer signing has made two appearances as a substitute so far and Silva is not minded to change his approach with the £25m recruit.
Kean was in Juve's squad for Serie A games 32 times last season but only started five matches and got just eight games from the bench.

Silva says the teenager needs to be given a gradual introduction to life in the Premier League and to be given more feedback than other players as he continues to learn the craft of being a frontman.
“The Premier League is Premier League even if they have quality when they come here,” Silva said.
“J-P (Gbamin) is 23-year-old and he had to adapt fast to the pace, the intensity, he has to think faster in the Premier League to perform better every single match.

“About Moise Kean, it is completely different. You are talking about a really young player and we have to give, everytime, feedback to him, information to him because he has to learn as fast as he can but you are talking about a young football player.

“Look at last season, he only played five matches from the start and so normally his game is to come in and not start football matches so we have to give time to him to learn as fast as he can because he can help the team in specific moments of the game but it is up to us to work with him.”

tbh reading that it makes sense that DCL is starting but jesus DCL has to offer something in return for his starting place.

tbh reading that it makes sense that DCL is starting but jesus DCL has to offer something in return for his starting place.

Except if we compare the forwards Kean had in front of him in Juve... comparing ours to theirs is a bit silly unless Silva rates DCL up to Ronaldo levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.