2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbh reading that it makes sense that DCL is starting but jesus DCL has to offer something in return for his starting place.

He does offer something, whether its enough is very much open to debate, I mean no, hes not offering goals or assists, currently.

I dont wanna be "that guy", but he must be offering enough to Silva if he keeps playing him, the options arent amazing like, at least not till Kean settles.

Sure we all want more from the boy, but hes doing a job for the team, same as Iceland to a degree, both do appear to play on the fringes of the game, but I feel both do, cliche incoming, "unseen work", the leg work, closing down, making space. Im not saying ive been impressed with either so far, but I would say the same about Rico, but its VERY, VERY early days to be writing anybody off.

We are playing at like 60% atm, a few new players, few players recovering from injury, a few tired from a tough summer playing footy for their country, a few people like Iceland tired from servicing his new missus in sector 1 and 2.

So yes, DCL, Iceland, all of them, bar the 2 CBs will have to fight for their spot and earn it, cos whilst we dont have massive depth ALL over the place, fully fit and everybody firing its fight or pine.

He does offer something, whether its enough is very much open to debate, I mean no, hes not offering goals or assists, currently.

I dont wanna be "that guy", but he must be offering enough to Silva if he keeps playing him, the options arent amazing like, at least not till Kean settles.

Sure we all want more from the boy, but hes doing a job for the team, same as Iceland to a degree, both do appear to play on the fringes of the game, but I feel both do, cliche incoming, "unseen work", the leg work, closing down, making space. Im not saying ive been impressed with either so far, but I would say the same about Rico, but its VERY, VERY early days to be writing anybody off.

We are playing at like 60% atm, a few new players, few players recovering from injury, a few tired from a tough summer playing footy for their country, a few people like Iceland tired from servicing his new missus in sector 1 and 2.

So yes, DCL, Iceland, all of them, bar the 2 CBs will have to fight for their spot and earn it, cos whilst we dont have massive depth ALL over the place, fully fit and everybody firing its fight or pine.

The problem isn't DCL, it's the fact that we haven't got an experienced Premier League CF. Tosun, Niasse and DCL is a championship strike force.

In lieu of having said experienced striker, DCL should be starting until Kean is up to speed (and even then, as a teenager he will need protecting a bit). He at least provides a focal point and will press aggressively from the front. It's a team game and there's no doubt we play better as a team with DCL. But hopefully Kean can get more minutes soon, or else I suspect we will have very few games where we score more than 1 goal.

The problem isn't DCL, it's the fact that we haven't got an experienced Premier League CF. Tosun, Niasse and DCL is a championship strike force.

In lieu of having said experienced striker, DCL should be starting until Kean is up to speed (and even then, as a teenager he will need protecting a bit). He at least provides a focal point and will press aggressively from the front. It's a team game and there's no doubt we play better as a team with DCL. But hopefully Kean can get more minutes soon, or else I suspect we will have very few games where we score more than 1 goal.

Thats when we need Iceland, Rico, little Bernie and Gomes amongst others to chip in.

Thats when we need Iceland, Rico, little Bernie and Gomes amongst others to chip in.

It's asking a lot though. Iwobi and Bernard have never been prolific, nor has Gomes.

Hopefully Richarlison and Gylfi can match their tallies from last season. Wouldn't mind seeing Keane and Mina chip in with a few more from set pieces too.

No I totally get it with DCL, I'm not knocking the lad because I rate him and his performances like he did against Arsenal pretty much won us the game due to what he does but when does enough become enough? This can only take him so far before we need to a striker who can stick the ball in the net with the slim chances he gets from the midfield.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.