2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I WANT TO SEE HIM START,i WANT HIM UP TO SPEED (sorry caps) For me,it's like Christmas Eve as a kid and wanting to open your presents too early.When he is ready, he will be ace.

Marco Silva says Moise Kean cannot suddenly be expected to become a starter for Everton after spending most of last season on the bench at Juventus.
The 19-year-old summer signing has made two appearances as a substitute so far and Silva is not minded to change his approach with the £25m recruit.
Kean was in Juve's squad for Serie A games 32 times last season but only started five matches and got just eight games from the bench.

Silva says the teenager needs to be given a gradual introduction to life in the Premier League and to be given more feedback than other players as he continues to learn the craft of being a frontman.
“The Premier League is Premier League even if they have quality when they come here,” Silva said.
“J-P (Gbamin) is 23-year-old and he had to adapt fast to the pace, the intensity, he has to think faster in the Premier League to perform better every single match.

“About Moise Kean, it is completely different. You are talking about a really young player and we have to give, everytime, feedback to him, information to him because he has to learn as fast as he can but you are talking about a young football player.

“Look at last season, he only played five matches from the start and so normally his game is to come in and not start football matches so we have to give time to him to learn as fast as he can because he can help the team in specific moments of the game but it is up to us to work with him.”

I think by November he will be starting at home against “easier” teams and DCL will be starting everywhere else. Silva rates what DCL does and the team is playing well with the whole striker that doesn’t score but pressures the defence thing we have at the moment.

I look forward to the fume when DCL is starting away against the top teams because I think that is nailed on to happen

Marco Silva says Moise Kean cannot suddenly be expected to become a starter for Everton after spending most of last season on the bench at Juventus.
The 19-year-old summer signing has made two appearances as a substitute so far and Silva is not minded to change his approach with the £25m recruit.
Kean was in Juve's squad for Serie A games 32 times last season but only started five matches and got just eight games from the bench.

Silva says the teenager needs to be given a gradual introduction to life in the Premier League and to be given more feedback than other players as he continues to learn the craft of being a frontman.
“The Premier League is Premier League even if they have quality when they come here,” Silva said.
“J-P (Gbamin) is 23-year-old and he had to adapt fast to the pace, the intensity, he has to think faster in the Premier League to perform better every single match.

“About Moise Kean, it is completely different. You are talking about a really young player and we have to give, everytime, feedback to him, information to him because he has to learn as fast as he can but you are talking about a young football player.

“Look at last season, he only played five matches from the start and so normally his game is to come in and not start football matches so we have to give time to him to learn as fast as he can because he can help the team in specific moments of the game but it is up to us to work with him.”

Marco out!

I think by November he will be starting at home against “easier” teams and DCL will be starting everywhere else. Silva rates what DCL does and the team is playing well with the whole striker that doesn’t score but pressures the defence thing we have at the moment.

I look forward to the fume when DCL is starting away against the top teams because I think that is nailed on to happen
Against the top teams is when Dom is at his best, so I’m not opposed to that. Would like to see Keane against the weaker sides as those are the ones we may need his ability to steal a goal.

So we "solved" our striker problem by getting a striker that the manager thinks can't start?

I get he needs time to adjust to the league and all but he's significantly better than DCL even with his limited appearances.

So we "solved" our striker problem by getting a striker that the manager thinks can't start?

I get he needs time to adjust to the league and all but he's significantly better than DCL even with his limited appearances.
I'm really hoping Marco is playing some kind of dumb mind game and isn't actually planning on waiting until October to get the kid in the XI.

"He sees him every day in training", sure. But you can't get match fitness by not really playing. He really needs to be starting within the next couple weeks.
He also showed more ability to find space and get shots off in his 20 minutes yesterday than Dom has in the 140 minutes or whatever that he has played and that's not even counting preseason when he didn't do it. Kean has to get a chance. DCL won't disappear if Kean plays poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.