De Ligt
Sanchez
Dolberg

As players we should be going for...2 years ago? Lets see where they are now:

De Jong €86mil to Barca
De Ligt €75mil to Juve
Sanchez £42mil to Spurs
Dolberg €20.5mil to Nice

How about Tielemans who I said we should sign also in Belgium and also Monaco...

What was your point? Are you agreeing with me that Moise Kean looked a potential €100mil player last season?
Doesn’t matter now but you more than highlighted Dolberg. I think the point was you were championing a big money move for him and the only offer they got was less than 20m from France 2 years later.. Clearly the least valued of all those you mention and not worth what you thought he would be, at least not yet.

And saying we should have signed Tielemans and De Ligt is like me saying we should go out and sign Jadon Sancho. Utterly meaningless when we all know we’ve not got a chance and the biggest clubs in the world will be his next stop.

You get some right and some wrong, same as everyone else. And that’s ok.

Last edited:
Finding a solution to the Moise Kean issue will be something Carlo will have to address.

Playing off DCL is the obvious answer. For me Moise does not look fit enough and needs lots of game time so
he will be ready to crack on next season.
There are training sessions for that...if he needs game time there is always U23 squad where he can prove himself...no need to sacrifice the whole team for one overhyped youngster...

Doesn’t matter now but you more than highlighted Dolberg. I think the point was you were championing a big money move for him and the only offer they got was less than 20m from France 2 years later.. Clearly the least valued of all those you mention and not worth what you thought he would be, at least not yet.

And saying we should have signed Tielemans and De Ligt is like me saying we should go out and sign Jadon Sancho. Utterly meaningless when we all know we’ve not got a chance and the biggest clubs in the world will be his next stop.

You get some right and some wrong, same as everyone else. And that’s ok.

Well, if Im being pulled up for championing a move for a CF (who should have moved on sooner) whose not even a bad player then surely to add context the others i posted about to the same extent should also be included?

Tielemans wasnt exactly a mega money signing for Monaco at 24mil and i was slated on here while he was Monacos best player for him being rubbish(?!?!) Just the same as with Dolberg whose scoring at just over a goal every 180mins...Sanchez, De Ligt and De Jong were all attainable for the right price 18months+ before they were moved on (12 in sanchez' case). Nothing like the hype around Sancho at that time which is clear from the difference in transfer fees alone.

If we had gone in for ALL of those players instead of the dross we bought at the time I dare say we would be VERY happy now.

If ive got some wrong then thats ok, it would be interesting to know who those players are though rather than naming successful players and claiming they were bad 'picks'.

Im also not sure why it seems strange to say that Kean looked like a future £100mil player last season. Pretty much everyone in Italy thought the same I imagine and with Ancelotti hopefully we see that player emerge.

Ancelotti rates him. Says he’s a very talented player and wanted him at Napoli. Says he needs to be protected and things like him coming to a new country and new league need to be factored. I can see him flourishing under our new man in time.
Encouraging for Kean. But he’s only like a number of players within the squad who have been underperforming this season. If they continue to underperform they will be out.

I've watched all his minutes THIS season.

Let's hope carlo can work miracles.
Same I’ve seen every game he’s played in and I’ve seen nothing to suggest he’s some kind of golden boy we were told he was.i sit right near the dugout at goodison he looks petrified even sat on subs bench,think we forget he is only 19 and doesn’t speak English.hopefully Carlo can bring the best out of him

Status
Not open for further replies.