2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s always an extreme, unbalanced reaction either way.

Kean has talent. He’s still young and still learning. That’s said I’d say it’s perfectly reasonable for any Evertonian to be at least somewhat concerned about:

1) Kean’s lack of game time
2) Kean’s un-noteworthy performances when he has played
3) Kean’s attitude, for which he has been dropped by Silva and other managers.

That doesn’t mean that he’s Niasse and needs binning, but it’s certainly worthy of sensible discussion.

Everybody blaming Silva, but maybe Silva isnt to blame here? Maybe Kean isnt doing enough to play games?
You can’t always just pick the players who impress in training, which Silva seems to do. Going by that logic Silva would never have played George Best or Paul Gascoigne!

Before anyone pipes up I’m not saying he’s that kind of level, but let’s not pretend the boy hasn’t got talent. He’s shown it in Serie A and for the Italian national team, there’s talent there to work with and at the moment it comes across as he’s not being coached/managed very well.

If we had a top striker who has made the spot their own and were proving immovable , then you could understand the lack of opportunity. But that’s not the case is it?

He should have had a much better crack of the whip up front than he has already, nothing will change my mind on that.

Last edited:
You can’t always just pick the players who impress in training, which Silva seems to do. Going by that logic Silva would never have played George Best or Paul Gascoigne!

Before anyone pipes up I’m not saying he’s that kind of level, but let’s not pretend the boy hasn’t got talent. He’s shown it in Serie A and for the Italian national team, there’s talent there to work with and at the moment it comes across as he’s not being coached/managed very well.

If we had a top striker who has made the spot their own and were proving immovabl, then you could understand the lack of opportunity. But that’s not the case is it?

He should have had a much better crack of the whip up front than he has already, nothing will change my mind on that.
Ray Minshull, former Liverpool goalkeeper, was Everton’s youth development manager, back in the day and he said the best player all week in training, was young striker Ross Jack, but he couldn’t match it playing for the reserves, funnily enough he only played once for Everton and scored versus Middlesbrough in a 1-1 draw, I think.

If we had a top striker who has made the spot their own and were proving immovable , then you could understand the lack of opportunity. But that’s not the case is it?

Why bother training then? This is all we should be doing. Too long have kept playing out of form players just because of a price tag or being too stubborn (Gylfi).

People can whinge at Silva all they like but Kean has had minutes and not done anything with them so far except his exciting first cameo.

Is there an argument that if you reward a player who may be persistently flouting rules (not saying that is before anyone starts) then you demotivate the rest of your team?

Discipline is important in any team and if you have no consequences for those who don’t follow a simple set of team rules, then it’s utterly pointless having rules in the 1st place.

There’s always an extreme, unbalanced reaction either way.

Kean has talent. He’s still young and still learning. That’s said I’d say it’s perfectly reasonable for any Evertonian to be at least somewhat concerned about:

1) Kean’s lack of game time
2) Kean’s un-noteworthy performances when he has played
3) Kean’s attitude, for which he has been dropped by Silva and other managers.

That doesn’t mean that he’s Niasse and needs binning, but it’s certainly worthy of sensible discussion.

1 - 19 year old in a new country playing in a league that is often very difficult for seasoned international players with the tag of "Next big thing" on his shoulders. Lack of playing time during the first few months of a 5 year deal doesn't strike me as something to be overly concerned about. I'd be more concerned about the dependence on such a player as opposed to being concerned about the player himself.

2 - Goes hand in hand with point 1. And there has been the odd obvious glimmer of ability when watching him. Again, it's not a concern about Kean but more a concern of why it should be such an issue given his age and lack of experience.

3 - I don't know there's a substantial problem with his attitude. Being late to the extent that it has made the media has happened twice in his career that I know of? I'm not going full Souness based on that. It's hardly a concern when weighed against the numerous professionals in the game who have praised his attitude, professionalism and the way he reacts to adversity. Is there a player in the game who hasn't made a minor rule infraction?

Plenty of young, and older, players get up to much worse with much less being read into it.

Another thing I think is worth looking at is the fact that the price tag is considered huge by some. It really isn't in the modern game - go to any big European club and ask them if they're willing to sell one of their top prospects who hasn't played a game yet. I doubt £30M would make them consider it.

Put a 15 year old Rooney back in the academy today. He'd not be sold for £50M in todays market even before he kicked a ball for the first team.....Kenwright aside :blush:

You defo can and should play the players that impress in training.

He's just simply not ready yet to play regularly in the Premier League. We are all frustrated because we were all expecting more. Apart from the first initial cameo, he hasn't looked great. Out of his depth really. Just losing the ball all the time.
DCL may not have lit the games up but he has still contributed. Im DCLs worst fan by the way and all I heard last year was how much he did for the team when he wasnt scoring and how amazing he was going to be this year. DCL has scored a few this year and has done more to warrant a place than Kean.
This just all stems from yet another transfer window where we fail to buy a ready made striker. Did we even put a bid in for anyone? Or did they actually think Kean was going to be the answer? He started a game early doors didnt he? Maybe they did think he could handle it straight away like Richarlison did. Not this guy though....

Such a weird post I don't even know where to start.

Tend to agree he needs a run before we can judge in my view.

If you read about a lot of the top top players, they train how they play. High standards and want to win. This may or may not be true of Kean, but if any player shows nothing in training then I don’t want them playing.
The fact that Schneiderlin was messing about in training a while back and showing a lack of respect for manager and the club, then was pretty much a regular in the first team, shows exactly why we are where we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.