2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least it wasnt just us that picked up on Souness. Edit * I see various other posts now from various papers

The thing that annoyed me about Souness wasn't the nonsense opinion. It was it was based on zero knowledge.

Anyone with even a limited knowledge of Italian football would have been able to say Kean got dropped during the U21 Euros - along with a team-mate - for showing up late to a team meeting.

Souness wouldn't have known that. If he did know, he should have said something. Reasoned his point that way, but he didn't.

Instead, he made a ridiculous comparison to Adebayor - also getting the facts wrong there as well.

Although against Lincoln, DCL is not taking the ball on the half way line running at defenders bobbing and weaving and smashing the ball towards the goal (in this case the post)
That's the difference.

Early on in DCL’s career he had a couple of games where he led the line, kept the ball ip and battered the opposition defence, as good a forward display I’ve seen in a while here, think it was against City or someone like that where we were under the fish and used him as an out and he was excellent.

Kean is far too early in his career to judge or compare, it’s just that when Tosun, DCL, Kean and even Richarlison have all played as a CF, they don’t get many chances.
Iwobi came on as a winger in his first game for about 20 mins and had more chances than Kean and DCL put together.

Lukaku is a moot point with Martinez and Koeman we used to play thru him.

A lot of our current scoring comes from the wingers and gylfi it’s a more dimensional setup and I’d say 10-15 goals would be a decent return

Status
Not open for further replies.