Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year was his debut

Youngest player to score in 4 consecutive league games since 3pts for a win

42% shot conversion rate (highest in europe)

1st player born in 2000s to score in a major league

First player born after 2000 to represent Italy

Youngest player to score in a competitive game for Italy

Etc etc

A player with many firsts for a club of many firsts. Fitting.

He’s anything but quality and it’s time we all moved away from the hope he’ll turn it around.

At 22 you should be showing signs that you can slot, that you do have it in you when called upon; especially with the chances he seems to spurn. Time and again he hits it weakly down the keepers throat.

The premier league is one or even two leagues above his actual level. I’ve not seen one thread of evidence to suggest otherwise, and it’s honestly time we stop patting our young players on the head ‘ you’ll get there ‘ for years when it’s plainly obvious they just don’t and won’t cut it.

I think half of it is confidence for DCL. If he banged a couple in he'd go on a decent run. Better strikers than him have suffered from it.

Kin hell is he 22? People talk like he's 17 and should be given another few seasons to polish his craft! Everton have well and truly ruined his development. Now it's too late to loan him out as we have no better replacement to go on the bench. Might as well hope he can bang a few in off the bench this season and sell for a decent price next summer. Solanke went for 20m, hopefully we could get a similar fee.

Mate. Jamie Vardy was an amateur playing for Stocksbridge Park Steels at the age of 22. Then he picked up a Premier League winner's medal.

Mate. Jamie Vardy was an amateur playing for Stocksbridge Park Steels at the age of 22. Then he picked up a Premier League winner's medal.
Yeah, he was cutting his teeth learning his trade at a lower level before he hit the big time. DCL has been wrongly given the head striker's role at Everton for 3 years and now it's too late to allow him to develop his game elsewhere and expect him to come back a much improved player. He'll be on the bench this season and given a number of cameo performances, likely hitting between 5-10 goals if he's lucky. I'd love us to sell Niasse, Tosun and send DCL out on loan for a year and see what he's like in 12 months time. But for that to happen we'd need two new strikers in, and that's obviously not happening.

But he does offer the team a lot and that has been proved. You can't ignore the impact he had in the back half of last season.

That being said, I don't think he'll ever be clinical enough. But he can still be a useful member of the squad. And at 22, he does still have a lot of development to do.

Is he ever gonna be a 20 goal striker? Nah. But doesn't mean he can't be useful going forward.

He was signed for £1.5m. If we sold him now we'd make £15-20m on him. Not bad going for a striker that can't score.

That’s exactly how we should see it , he cost 1.5 and he’s crap and we can make 18m profit .

Anyway, back to Kean.

I reckon this one is genuinely close and I am very excited. It's a good signing.

But we desperately need a wide man to come in who can offer us a goal threat too. We can't demand that a 19-year-old with 11 senior league goals and one assist be the main man for us.

I am going to be well chuffed if we get this one. Genuinely think he’s got bags of potential, and he’s already going to be our first choice at 19. Also encourages Dom to work hard to displace him.

Status
Not open for further replies.