Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Ligt should be done tomorrow. Neymar - weird one, can see it dragging on.

Lukaku/Icardi. I think Icardi probably needs to leave first, plus Utd are on the other side of the world and I can see that dragging on too.

If we really do want Kean, got a feeling we'lre gonna have to be very patient.

I concur. I think we're going after Kean as 1st choice with Leao as the backup option.

Both potentially top players, both know where the net is and both fit the exact profile of what were looking for....and for about the same price it seems too.

Kean seems to be the most advanced despite being a year younger...

Were going to have to see who blinks first...

I concur. I think we're going after Kean as 1st choice with Leao as the backup option.

Both potentially top players, both know where the net is and both fit the exact profile of what were looking for....and for about the same price it seems too.

Kean seems to be the most advanced despite being a year younger...

Were going to have to see who blinks first...

I think Kean could go late into the window. The issue is going to be, will he sign a contract? If you are him currently you would be very foolish to sign a contract as you hold all the cards. Whether Juventus can pay him enough and give him the assurances he needs is open to question.

I will throw another scenario out there. If Juventus don't nudge, we sit it out and look to do a pre-contract deal in January for no fee to Juventus (though some sign on fee in January). Whether we go back for Leao I don't know. Maybe this is where some of the Pepe talk comes from? If we can save £30 million maybe we can go really big for a wide man?

I'd rather Kean than Leao.

I think Kean could go late into the window. The issue is going to be, will he sign a contract? If you are him currently you would be very foolish to sign a contract as you hold all the cards. Whether Juventus can pay him enough and give him the assurances he needs is open to question.

I will throw another scenario out there. If Juventus don't nudge, we sit it out and look to do a pre-contract deal in January for no fee to Juventus (though some sign on fee in January). Whether we go back for Leao I don't know. Maybe this is where some of the Pepe talk comes from? If we can save £30 million maybe we can go really big for a wide man?

I'd rather Kean than Leao.

My guess is Kean first but if someone else looks like getting Leao we will go for him...

Otherwise sit tight...

Another thought would be that both Kean and Leao can play as a wide forward...may be interesting to look at both instead of a natural wide player.

Kean coming in from the left could be another Richarlison.

Not convinced a 19 year old striker is what we need. It's a tremendously hard league for any striker never mind a young lad from abroad who is basically potential. I hope we go for another also if we are going for this lad.

Not convinced a 19 year old striker is what we need. It's a tremendously hard league for any striker never mind a young lad from abroad who is basically potential. I hope we go for another also if we are going for this lad.

Lukaku wasn’t too shabby at the age of 19 in the Premier League,

Just saying like.

Lukaku wasn’t too shabby at the age of 19 in the Premier League,

Just saying like.

Agreed, but he'd been a first team regular for Anderlecht and was somewhat of a goalscoring phenom for his age, he was well known around Europe. I'm not saying Kean isn't good enough, I'm saying I have no idea but it's a very very very tough league for 19 year old forwards. I'd be buzzing if he was up to speed but it's a massive gamble when we are short of options.

That option only applies to players 23 years of age and higher. Kean is 19.

Ah ok I didn't know that, so thanks for the correction!

I suppose we could negotiate a lower fee in January? I wonder if he moves abroad are they still entitled to a fee? Either way, if we sit tight Juventus become weaker in the negotiations.

That option only applies to players 23 years of age and higher. Kean is 19.
Ah ok I didn't know that, so thanks for the correction!

I suppose we could negotiate a lower fee in January? I wonder if he moves abroad are they still entitled to a fee? Either way, if we sit tight Juventus become weaker in the negotiations.

I think he can go for free to us, there’s only a tribunal fee involved if you stay in your country.

Anyone moving abroad can go for free regardless of how old they are.

I think he can go for free to us, there’s only a tribunal fee involved if you stay in your country.

Anyone moving abroad can go for free regardless of how old they are.

Weakens Juve's hand but also ours as if he becomes a free agent we have zero chance as all the top clubs would be in for him. If Juve are going to sell him i'd have thought we would be good option for them as we arnt a rival for anything.

Where as another top team in Italy or a CL club could effect them.

Weakens Juve's hand but also ours as if he becomes a free agent we have zero chance as all the top clubs would be in for him. If Juve are going to sell him i'd have thought we would be good option for them as we arnt a rival for anything.

Where as another top team in Italy or a CL club could effect them.
This.

It seems he wants away plus i dont think many clubs outside of the PL have 40mil to spend on one player. I think we are his best option in the PL as he will be almost be a guranteed starter, we need to move fast on this though as someone like UTD will be in for a striker once the fat lump moves on to Inter. Its a big risk having a stand off with Juve, think we need to give them a price and date and say this is our offer and our cut-off point. I dont know but its not reported if they or the player has had a better offer from another club. We are in a good position to get him but only for the say the next week to 10 days, then we need to look elswhere..

Keep reading how this time in a year the market for this lad will be massive. Kinda makes think if he was THAT good the market would be there now. As it is it seems like it's us and 1 or 2 others. Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.