Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep reading how this time in a year the market for this lad will be massive. Kinda makes think if he was THAT good the market would be there now. As it is it seems like it's us and 1 or 2 others. Hmmm...

Because he's only potential right now and why would Real/Barca/Juve/City etc spend €40mill on potential that may never develop? Where as if he was free, all the top clubs would be willing to take a risk knowing if he doesnt make it they can still make a profit.

Clubs have that much money nowdays, they would rather buy a developed player for megabucks, than bring one through.

Not convinced a 19 year old striker is what we need. It's a tremendously hard league for any striker never mind a young lad from abroad who is basically potential. I hope we go for another also if we are going for this lad.
Cant remember any Italian born striker ever having a big impact in England ever.

Because he's only potential right now and why would Real/Barca/Juve/City etc spend €40mill on potential that may never develop? Where as if he was free, all the top clubs would be willing to take a risk knowing if he doesnt make it they can still make a profit.

Clubs have that much money nowdays, they would rather buy a developed player for megabucks, than bring one through.
I never mentioned top clubs.
I said there is seemingly a concerning lack of ANY real kind of market, apart from us and the odd other name thrown in.

I said there is seemingly a concerning lack of ANY real kind of market, apart from us and the odd other name thrown in.

That could be said for a number of players though, why only West Ham in for Haller when he's meant to be highly rated. Why only Leicester for Tielemenns etc.

Clubs have different priorities and budgets so spunking £40mill on a young striker with not many 1st team appearances may not be for everyone. Only a certsin amount of teams can afford that to start with - mainly 'top clubs' or PL clubs

Haller is gash
Tielemans spent a year on loan there, fairly certain Leicester had first refusal

Yes but what im saying is that once players hit a certain price bracket, 95% of clubs are ruled out as they just cant afford it.

1% are targeting the world best players and the other 4% have thousands of footballers to choose from and maybe not looking at players in the same position.

Just because players dont have 9-10 clubs afer them doesnt mean anything.

I’m hoping that we’ve sort of sewn a deal up with his agent and it’s more a case of if and not when and everyone else has being told that.

I have already expressed earlier in the thread that the limited bits I’ve seen of him and it is very limited, I wasn’t really that impressed although he obviously must be good.

Yes but what im saying is that once players hit a certain price bracket, 95% of clubs are ruled out as they just cant afford it.

1% are targeting the world best players and the other 4% have thousands of footballers to choose from and maybe not looking at players in the same position.

Just because players dont have 9-10 clubs afer them doesnt mean anything.
He's a striker and apparently one of the hottest young players in Europe.

The lack of even one or two serious counter bids and very little reported interest is a major concern IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.