Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same issue with Malcom videos, they played so little games in last year that a video of best moments is tough to put together as apposed to someone 38 games of regular playing time, which can make anyone look good

I agree with the point but think that you could record 38 games of our Tuesday night 5 a side game and my highlight video would still be terrible.

But if the player comes good you either a) Get to keep a good player or b) sell for a big profit.

That's the risk reward aspect of buying players. There is none of that in this deal it's all risk for us. If he does well we loose him instantly for less then what he is worth and if he flops we have just blown 30m on a bad player.

If I'm honest though I think this isn't the deal that will end up happening, if it does end up happening.
Spot on. Kean is better than Calvert-Lewin right now, but his potential is driving the high fee. If we just wanted a player for this year, we'd just move for someone like Edin Dzeko. It just misses the point and benefit of buying younger players.

If keane signs I can’t see Calvert Lewin wanting to stay and fight for his place given that he is older than keane and has more experience. I imagine he would get sold to someone like Southampton.

Kean wouldnt start every game on his own up top tho. DCL would still get plenty of game time, hes way ahead of Tosun and Niasse in Silva's pecking order

If keane signs I can’t see Calvert Lewin wanting to stay and fight for his place given that he is older than keane and has more experience. I imagine he would get sold to someone like Southampton.
Don’t Southampton have Austin, Gabbiadini and Long atm? That’s SOUTHAMPTON having three strikers better than ours btw, that’s how important depth is!

With the buyback clause we get one of the most highly rated young strikers around on the cheap (in today's market) and if he does well it basically works out as a loan we get paid for. I realise we all want to keep players that do well for us but the likelihood is that if Juve wanted to activate the clause he'd have to have done well enough for us and also other teams would be after him too. Its the same sort of deal we have with Mina (but I doubt he'd be re-bought).

Either he's not good enough for Juve in a few years and we've bought a striker who might still do well for us just not live up to his potential or we effectively take a lad on a year or 2 loan who does well enough for us that one of the best teams around want him back, with us basically not paying a penny by the end of everything.

If he helped push us towards the Champions League and we didn't have to worry about a striker for a few years then it's a great move for me. Obviously I'd rather pay let's say €50m instead of €30m without the clause but I don't think they'd deal that way, especially if he's supposed to be signing a new contract. Also a much bigger risk with the higher fee for obvious reasons.

DCL will be useful against certain opposition like Arsenal

No need to give in to a ridiculous buyout clause that no one else will agree to. They will change their tune in a couple of weeks.

Further, Kean ALSO has to agree to the clause, and he wont agree to one like that. If he doesnt want to be at Juve, then he certainly doesnt want to be sold back to Juve in a years time at a price that shows Juve still dont value him and are using him as a pawn. If Juve had a 70 million buyback clause hed likely agree to it, because at that point for Juve to activate it it would likely mean he would become their starter and I suspect hed be fine with that.

I'm starting to come round to the idea of the buy back clause.. I think he's a massive risk at anything over 30mil due to lack of experience. Push it up to 45-50mil buy back and I'd go for it... unless Brand's sources have told him Moise is a special talent in which case we may fork out, but it seems a huge risk on our part to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.