Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks buddy, although that was about a loan by the looks of things which isn't really what this deal is.

I remember writing something a little longer where I'm sure I said the deal just makes a lot of sense. It did from the moment I saw the rumour. Make no mistake I was certainly not saying we'd sign him, just that the deal makes sense. It would be a good buy in my view.

*makes note of lesser-spotted Reverse Ferret

I on the other hand will say KEAN IN NOW PLEASE

Whilst not ideal to the term and price quoted I wouldn't be averse to a buy back but it HAS to be at a much much higher price and with term also. No buy back for two years, £70m after escalating. It's going to take him time to assimilate to England and the Premier League, you usually see most loans play better in the second half of the season.

I'd imagine for that reason it would make sense we have a time limit of 2 years or so on a buyback.

*makes note of lesser-spotted Reverse Ferret

I on the other hand will say KEAN IN NOW PLEASE

I've been called a lot worse!

The deal continues to make a lot of sense. He's very raw and will need game time, and like with Lukaku some years ago we can provide that for him. Are you a fan?

I would be extremely surprised if we agreed to the current clauses as reported. Seems a negotiating position for Juventus is being staked out. As people have said, we take all the initial risk to stand to make only around a 25% profit if things go well.

It does seem though, that we are entertaining the possibility of a buyback which is strengthened from the fact we did something similar with Mina and Barcelona (I believe it was something like a 27 million fee and a 55 million buy back).

That is where I believe we will need to get too if we want to reach a deal. It's not perfect by any means, but the chance to double our money within a two seasons is still no bad thing.

I said very early into the rumour I could see this having legs. It makes a lot of sense. The numbers will need to be altered a bit but I could see something being worked out. He has 12 months on a deal so Juventus will be keen (mind the pun).
I would be extremely surprised if we agreed to the current clauses as reported. Seems a negotiating position for Juventus is being staked out. As people have said, we take all the initial risk to stand to make only around a 25% profit if things go well.

It does seem though, that we are entertaining the possibility of a buyback which is strengthened from the fact we did something similar with Mina and Barcelona (I believe it was something like a 27 million fee and a 55 million buy back).

That is where I believe we will need to get too if we want to reach a deal. It's not perfect by any means, but the chance to double our money within a two seasons is still no bad thing.

I said very early into the rumour I could see this having legs. It makes a lot of sense. The numbers will need to be altered a bit but I could see something being worked out. He has 12 months on a deal so Juventus will be keen (mind the pun).
Can definitely see a buy back clause inserted in any deal. And as you say, Juve will be keen, well have to be keen, as they stand the risk of losing him on a free at the end of the coming season.

Don't think that Kean will be particularly happy if they only offer him a contract to get more money, while he might fall even further behind in the picking order. So it's not like Juve hold all the cards here.

Now we just have to hope we'll be able to find a solution dat is satisfying to all parties involved

It’s great optimism but Kean is up there with Felix as being one of the best young players in the world. He was a regular for Juventus for the final couple of months of the season, scoring game after game at one point.

If we managed to sign Kean it would be arguably the most ambitious signing we’ve ever made.

When first linked this was my view on it but there's no way we should be taking a deal where we buy for £30m and sell back for £40m if he becomes boss. If it was similar to Mina where we doubled our outlay if they wanted him back, it's well worth it.

I've been called a lot worse!

The deal continues to make a lot of sense. He's very raw and will need game time, and like with Lukaku some years ago we can provide that for him. Are you a fan?

I have run the numbers and I am thinking money:risk:blammos is VERY heavily weighted towards blammos

With Mina, he must have had 4yrs left on his deal as he’d only just signed for Barca.

Kean has a year left, so Juventus don’t hold all the cards here, he could sign a pre-contract in Jan for a club abroad. And Juventus wouldn’t even get a fee, (well they would get a development fee) or be able to insist on clauses.

So I think we are in a strong position if Kean refuses to sign a new deal

I don't understand this situation.

Juventus have a player which could go for a free if they don't act. That same player has been mistreated & isn't getting the game time. He is also potentially the next greatest thing since sliced greatness so why have Juventus put themselves in this situation?
If they want to keep him then offer him a new contract. If they want to sell him then sell before he's worthless to themselves & add on the usual 1st option & 10% sell on etc etc. If they know he is unhappy at the club then why insert a buy back clause for a player who is considering leaving? Everton wouldn't be bidding if we hadn't been given the green light from his agent.

If the player doesn't want to leave but wants to stay then sign the new contract if there is one & go out on loan to a club like Everton.
In 2 years even the most average player will be selling for 40m so is this essentially a land investment & if we want to sign him after Juventus have bought him back we will have to buy him twice?

Surely the player would never agree to a buy back if Juventus activated it because he may not want to go back. Gerry wanted back at Barca from day one. Kean could run the risk of being bought back but unsold so is sat on a bench or loses a year or six months of his career unless Juventus go punting him about whilst playing for us, unsettling him, ending up being a waste of time for us & he gets bought back then sold up for 60m to whoever with 1st option & buy back etc again & Juventus make huge money off a player who barely played for them.

Either Juventus are playing an absolute blinder here (racism aside) or they have realised they have completely ballsed this up & are trying to save face & pass on the stupidity to us by agreeing to a very questionable deal.

Or i could be really dumb which is quite likely.

Be a hell of a signing this one, he has the lot.

I just always wonder about Italian players, they rarely seem to settle outside of Italy.

If it was true I'd still go for it.

You're getting paid £10m to play someone elses player if he does well; if he doesn't do so well we develop him and maybe take a hit which is the risk with all players.

You're getting paid £10m to play someone elses player if he does well; if he doesn't do so well we develop him and maybe take a hit which is the risk with all players.

Basically if he turns out any good, as soon as he wants to move the most we could make is £9m..

IF there has to be a clause, I’d insist on giving him a 5 year deal, with a buyback option of £58m, that can only be activated after three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.