Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raiola after another payday.

No problem with a buyback but it has to be realistic, not equlivalent to a glorified loan.

If Juve want him back after 2-3 years then you would assume he has turned out to be pretty special and to buy a similar player would cost over £100mill on the market at that point. €35mill with a buyback of around €80mill is more realistic and benefits all parties equally.

What do they gain if he leaves next year and joins one of the elite? They have lost a big talent for nothing and wont really stand a chance of signing him back from a PSG/Real Madrid etc

Agreed but the deal as touted we get all the risk and none of the upside

It’s not even close to “free money”

Well it's £10m for free (ingoring wages of course)

I know if he was ours we could just sell him for £60m, £80m or whatever but it might be the only way to get him.

Not saying Brands would take that sort of deal mind.

Free money. Would make us more attractive to new strikers. However we get him if he blows up then we aren't keeping him anyway.

Agree with @BirkenheadBlue that we've got all of the risk. For such a small % of the profit if he does half decent and moves on, it's a lot of risk.

Agreed but the deal as touted we get all the risk and none of the upside

It’s not even close to “free money”

I know if he was ours we could just sell him for £60m, £80m or whatever but it might be the only way to get him.

The point is that it's only £10m if he does well. If he flops we'd be massively out of pocket. Unlikely as he's boss but the risk is obvious.

It begs that deep philosophical question:

What price a blammo? £1m ? £5m? £10m?

I think Iceland must be running at about £10m a blammo so far. So if we get three ABSOLUTE ROCKETS from Kean, it has been worth it

No it’s not for free.

That’s like putting £30 on a bet at 1/3 odds and saying it’s £10 free money.

Why should we be dictated to by them?

If they want rid then they’d cooperate.

They arent selling Sandro tho mate.

They are selling a highly rated young Striker, if we dont agree to the deal, somebody else will.

Of course we can move on, but 30m, in this window for a highly rated player, seems worth it, to me anyway.

I don't exactly get these clauses. What if the player wanted to go to Barca or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.