Missing Cars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Player Valuation: £100m
Sorry this isnt a sexy transfer rumour, i just wanted to make the following point!

A lot has been made about our defending yesterday and certainly i feel at times our defenders were ball watching and didnt play the way we know they can. I also think our fullbacks while not playing visably badly traditionly speaking lost the battle of taking control of the flanks to Johnson and Traore. Davey for me lost the tactical battle as pompey switched from a 4-4-2 defensively to a 3-5-2 offensively mid flow wheather this was down to not enough options in our sqaud to counter this tacticly or Davey didnt notice is questionable.

For me though yesterday one thing was glaringly obvious how much we miss Lee Carsely, there was no protection for the defence which meant that there were to many runners coming from midfiled into danger areas not being tracked by Jags and Rodwell. As such both Yobo and Lescott didnt know who to cover and left men in acres of space. For me the problem lay in midfiled and defensivly with Rodwell and Jags not tracking back the runs. A lot of us are scratching our heads as to why we lost three - nil as we didnt play exceptionly badly, for me this is the main reason we miss Cars. If he was playing yesterday i dont think we would have lost three - nil.

The need for a defensive midfielder just to make things difficult for the opposition is glaringly obvious, i dont care who it is at this point but we need one of note before the window shuts, this is even more a priority for me then Mouthino.

Come back Lee!

Last edited:
Don't agree.

Carsley was getting worse as he was getting older. Its just another excuse for the poor situation we are in. Bottom line is the manager has dropped the ball, and even if its not his fault, he has still dropped the ball, as he is the coach.

All we are hearing from him are excuses and blah blah blah. Don't give a [Poor language removed], if your going to go [Poor language removed] off, if not sort it out. Contract has been there ready to sign for weeks, sign it, give the place a lift, give the fans a lift. Stop making excuses for the crap performances we are enduring.

Don't agree.

Carsley was getting worse as he was getting older. Its just another excuse for the poor situation we are in. Bottom line is the manager has dropped the ball, and even if its not his fault, he has still dropped the ball, as he is the coach.

All we are hearing from him are excuses and blah blah blah. Don't give a [Poor language removed], if your going to go [Poor language removed] off, if not sort it out. Contract has been there ready to sign for weeks, sign it, give the place a lift, give the fans a lift. Stop making excuses for the crap performances we are enduring.

I don't agree with you, Carsley was the balance of the defence + midfeild.

We shouldn't of let him go

Key word is Balance mate you are very correct Carsley was the glue that held the side together, the word shambles has been mentioned yesterday, well thats what happens when glue is removed isnt it!

I miss Carsley, regardless of what anyone else has to say about him. But it's hypothetical to say we might not have lost if we'd had him in the team.

And not to be one to lend to rumour and conjecture, I heard Moyes was being lined up as Utd's number 2, although my response was "is that not a step back?" he would be there for a year or two before taking over SAF's reign.

Just a thought, don't shoot the messenger.

I don't agree with you, Carsley was the balance of the defence + midfeild.

We shouldn't of let him go

Too old, too slow. He is not the reason we are doing [Poor language removed]. The reason is we have been lied to when we have been told we have had money, we have been cheated out of players we deserve to see. We have been sold season tickets based on potential signings that have not materialised.

We have not kicked on, we have not strengthened. Defensive Midfield was priority last season because Carsley was too slow and couldn't cope with a full program, regardless of how much arse kissing he got. I saw his mistakes on a regular basis.

But if you want to point the finger, then go ahead.

I thought it was funny the way he said Everton will be just fine without me in that farewell conference he did.

Obviously not the case is it. We needed to replace him big style, we have not and we are being punished for it.

Too old, too slow. He is not the reason we are doing [Poor language removed]. The reason is we have been lied to when we have been told we have had money, we have been cheated out of players we deserve to see. We have been sold season tickets based on potential signings that have not materialised.

We have not kicked on, we have not strengthened. Defensive Midfield was priority last season because Carsley was too slow and couldn't cope with a full program, regardless of how much arse kissing he got. I saw his mistakes on a regular basis.

But if you want to point the finger, then go ahead.

You CANNOT have a 17 year old In the role that Cars played and David Moyes imploys. Watching the match last night online I was looking at young Rodwell and thinking 'What the fu..' He is deffo one for the future but now?

No.

You CANNOT have a 17 year old In the role that Cars played and David Moyes imploys. Watching the match last night online I was looking at young Rodwell and thinking 'What the fu..' He is deffo one for the future but now?

No.

I agree, but I don't think its the reason we are doing [Poor language removed]. The club would love that wouldn't they, lets blame Carsley.

Moyes blamed the fact that he needed to strengthen the side as the reason he couldn't work with the current team. Its just side-stepping, bullet dodging, spin and excuse after excuse.

In yesterdays formation alongside Jags, Carsley would have been as bad as anyone. He never had the legs to play in a 4-4-2 and when he's alonside someone as limited he never performed, that was always quite obvious.

Lets be honest we are not missing Cars because was was a great defensive midfielder, that's not the case at all. We are missing him because Moyes and the board have failed to replace him with anyone half decent. Instead we've replaced him with a 17 year old learning his position and a centre back who can't play centre midfield.

Anyone half decent could have played the role Carsley played, both Diop and Davis on show yesterday would do a good job for us. There nothing special but they do a job and they are naturally defensive midfielders.

Replace him with an decent defensive midifelder and we'll be fine, put square pegs in round holes and we'll miss him.

the only reason we played with a dm is becouse the rest of the midfeild players are lightweight.

so lightweight that we have to play 5 in the middle to be effective.

would cahill and osman in cm , in a 442 be strong enough ?
what about cahill and arteta ?
osman and pienaar ?
arteta and pienaar ?
cahill and pienaar ?

all of them partnerships i wouldnt trust 100 % to marshall a midfeild as they lack muscle and a tackle.all are more attack minded.

so what other options are there ?
play nev in there ?
play jags in there ?
play both in there ?

these toughen up the midfeild , at the expense of quality passing and skill , or even at the expense of an attacking option in the strikers area.

sod an attacking midfeilder or a defencive midfeilder , whats wrong with a good old simple midfeilder ? someone who's all round game is adequate , an engine , a general.

at the moment we have good players , but the wrong players.
some have ying but no yang , some have yang but no ying , only 1 has ying and yang.(arteta)

so what other options are there ?
play nev in there ?
play jags in there ?
play both in there ?

these toughen up the midfeild , at the expense of quality passing and skill , or even at the expense of an attacking option in the strikers area.

What about Timmy Cahill when he comes back?

You have to think long term mate, He scores VITAL goals for us

cars was getting old, but with him in the side we finished 4th and 5th. the bottom line is that there is no player currently at the club who can do the job better than carsley did, so we should have made sure we had a replacement bought before we let him go.

cars was getting old, but with him in the side we finished 4th and 5th. the bottom line is that there is no player currently at the club who can do the job better than carsley did, so we should have made sure we had a replacement bought before we let him go.

Well then surely we need to look at the manager. Seriously I don't think many fans would be that gutted if he left now.

What about Timmy Cahill when he comes back?

You have to think long term mate, He scores VITAL goals for us

for sure , cahill is important , and will get goals.

but does he have the all round play to be in the center of a 442 ? is there any other midfeilder with an all round game to play along side him ? my answer is no , we lack just as much as we gain by playing him there.

for me , thats why we then play a dm aswell , to cover for these inadequeces .

its solves the problem , but again , we lack as much as we gain becouse it leaves a striker up front on his own aswell as making us a mostly defencive team with only a few outlets for attacking play.

Status
Not open for further replies.