Match Thread Millwall v Everton, FA Cup 4th round, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember, was this the one that we had the match game plan for (according to Pickford) or was it one of the other abject performances ?

Surely Silva hasn't lost the dressing room scenario. .going by players bad performance last 6 games

Doubt he's lost the dressing room, I just don't think he's one of those managers who can rally players (dare I say it, like Klopp) when things are going tits up all around him. He's almost looking like a rabbit caught in the headlights at this moment in time.

No fight or anything. Even after they scored we were messing around with it in midfield instead of getting it into their box. Hope Millwall get relegated, horrible club. The area still looks like London in the early 80s even though most of the capital has had billions spent on it.

Not sure if posted ready seen the rumour doing the rounds that a couple of "Everton fans" in a car kidnapped a millwall fam slashed him then dumped him out and he's apparently dead? Just the usual garbage on Facebook and probably lies but heavy if true that ( some of the videos are mad aswell couple of hundred blues smashing up pubs and that) mad init all that over a game of togger

Forgive my ignorance, and I'm not looking for excuses for yesterdays defeat, but didn't they have VAR at the Chelsea tie earlier. Where was VAR for our handball goal?

Millwall fan here and i just wanted to say sorry for yesterday. I’m sure some of your fans were not choir boys but in my 35 year experience some of our lot see these fixtures as a way of settling scores or as a chance to hit a team we don’t play often.
I was born into Millwall and still go to games but i never took my kids to the game which probably speaks volumes. I felt ill when i saw that lads face, it’s inexcusable and he’s going to wear that forever.
Wish you the best of luck for the rest of the season and again I’m sorry.

I don’t know if I am remembering correctly but I think Watford is the only team in the prem that hires managers but doesn’t let them choose directly the coaches they work with. That’s the job of their board. I wonder if the coaches Silva has chosen we’re past people he’s worked with and just not up to the standards of the prem.

Players and staff have been exceptionally poor the past 2 months. I think the current squad can pull a top 8 performance out but the staff need to do their jobs to help them there
He had the same backroom team with him at Watford.

What would be interesting is who is supposed to be coaching the defenders.

Forgive my ignorance, and I'm not looking for excuses for yesterdays defeat, but didn't they have VAR at the Chelsea tie earlier. Where was VAR for our handball goal?
VAR is only at Premier league grounds for the FA cup so if we'd been at home we would've had it. Not exactly fair to all teams is it?

I don’t think there’s been a single worth while British manager since Ferguson retired. Southgate may be something at some point but why give up the national team now?
Moyes was 'nowt' in the Championship until we gave him a run. I think there's a lot of guys doing a good job there. Dyche and Howe have been impressive there I coming through the ranks, likewise Hughton.

Pound for pound all those clubs are outperforming Everton, inc Watford, since they 'lost' Silva.

Even Pearson at Leicester had arguably steadied the ship winning 7/10 in their escape before winning the league.

All those clubs and managers - and warner's miracle at Huddersfield bringing them up and staying up - progressed via the Championship. Maybe it's a better sign of quality than a navy suit.

Millwall fan here and i just wanted to say sorry for yesterday. I’m sure some of your fans were not choir boys but in my 35 year experience some of our lot see these fixtures as a way of settling scores or as a chance to hit a team we don’t play often.
I was born into Millwall and still go to games but i never took my kids to the game which probably speaks volumes. I felt ill when i saw that lads face, it’s inexcusable and he’s going to wear that forever.
Wish you the best of luck for the rest of the season and again I’m sorry.

Thanks for your conciliatory words. No offence meant here but I’m not sure I could see the point of following a football team I’d be afraid to take my kids to. But then Everton for all its faults is still one of the most community orientated teams in the country so perhaps we’re worlds apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.