Match Thread Millwall v Everton, FA Cup 4th round, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ashamed to say I actually bet against my own team at 2-2 , 10/1 was just too good to turn down.

Didnt really soften the blow though, season is basically over.

And why oh why do our games always seem to come attached by default with contenious decisions?

Because we never, ever kick up a fuss. When someone gets treated unfairly but does not complain, it simply encourages further unfair treatment.

I was hoping that the papers this morning would have been full of quotes from Coleman, Silva, Brands and Moshiri all furious about Millwall's second and third "goals", the flying elbow that took DCL out in mid-air (that's a red card in RUGBY, ffs) and the FA's inconsistency in having some games covered by VAR and not others.

Not a sausage, however.

I bet we have someone sent off in the next game for a nothing challenge where the opponent rolls over seventeen times and covers half the pitch in the process.

Because we never, ever kick up a fuss. When someone gets treated unfairly but does not complain, it simply encourages further unfair treatment.

I was hoping that the papers this morning would have been full of quotes from Coleman, Silva, Brands and Moshiri all furious about Millwall's second and third "goals", the flying elbow that took DCL out in mid-air (that's a red card in RUGBY, ffs) and the FA's inconsistency in having some games covered by VAR and not others.

Not a sausage, however.

I bet we have someone sent off in the next game for a nothing challenge where the opponent rolls over seventeen times and covers half the pitch in the process.
And VAR makes sure that Chelsea get a pen that the ref seemingly had no intention of awarding and VAR rules out a pen for Wednesday that the ref gave. LOL.

Not a sausage, however.

I think the sheer shame of being beaten by whatever local racist alehouse team that was, may have sunk in and they are keeping out of the way, much like thee game itself.

I mean I appreciate the point that Pienaar is trying to make here... but professional footballers on thousands of pounds a week getting 'bored' running short defensive drills? Deary me... you'd think this kinda stuff wasn't important. :oops:

Yet our boys either can’t do it or aren’t arsed or maybe they aren’t coached? It’s a joke either way given the salaries and that they’re premier league players.

Yet our boys either can’t do it or aren’t arsed or maybe they aren’t coached? It’s a joke either way given the salaries and that they’re premier league players.
Anyone who is bored of doing drills on a football pitch in order to earn around £100k per week needs to take a long, hard look at themselves in a mirror. Absolutely $h1thouse attitude, smacks of total lack of self-respect.

Not a sausage, however.

We've got our own one of them.

...it was just pathetic. 2 goals should’ve been enough but we were defensively awful. I’m reminded of Jagielka talking about Moyes working them hour by hour, day by day on defending set pieces. In the end they knew exactly what to do and rarely conceded in 2 seasons.

I think folk feel we have inept coaches and are resigned that this manifests itself on the pitch. Depressing.
I don’t know if I am remembering correctly but I think Watford is the only team in the prem that hires managers but doesn’t let them choose directly the coaches they work with. That’s the job of their board. I wonder if the coaches Silva has chosen we’re past people he’s worked with and just not up to the standards of the prem.

Players and staff have been exceptionally poor the past 2 months. I think the current squad can pull a top 8 performance out but the staff need to do their jobs to help them there

Yup, people starting to realise what we lost in Moyes. Him too, I expect.

The only difference between Silva and Martinez and relegation is money. Moyes had us frequently top 7, with Europe and fa cup runs with very little money.

Let's stop the farce and get back to basics. We're not one of these 'survival' clubs that needs an overseas horde of players. We need a British manager that's gonna make a (not this) team fight. Sigs has zero leadership in a key position. Pickford, Keane, Coleman, digne, mina and zouma ok. Lookman, Rico, dcl. The rest go.
I don’t think there’s been a single worth while British manager since Ferguson retired. Southgate may be something at some point but why give up the national team now?

Millwall - Behind Enemy Lines

Been taking an interest in your Forum since the 4th Round draw was made. As usual with all Prem teams most of you just assumed you would turn up and roll over us. Slagging us off as a football club and our fans who according to you are all all talk and no do.

Well how did that work out for you today?

Frankly, to tell you what you probably already know - that was genuinely the easiest game we have had all season. Lookman, Tosun when he came on and Coleman who is honest as the day is long apart - your premier league poseurs have no heart, no fight, and no pride whatsoever in your club badge - they don't care about Everton FC and they dont give a toss about you the fans. £50M players? My god - our entire team cost anout £1.8M in total and I think we overpaid! How can you relate to those charlatans? How can you feel that these totally disconnected mercenaries really represent you and your proud community? Absolutely shameful and even though you may hate us and look down on us - our beloved Millwall are everything we want them to be - the football club, the players who represent our football club and our fiercely loyal and proud fans on the pitch, and our fans. We are real people with a real traditional football club which remains completely in sync and as one with our fans (they know they have to represent us on the pitch and what we expect and demand of them or we get em out very quickly) - and what we are is enough for us and we wouldn't change a thing. We are happy with our club, our manager, our style of play, our passion, our uniqueness, our fans and the honest effort and heart our players put into their game - and we can relate to them coz they are an extension of us. And we are happy we are through to the 5th Round of the FA Cup with the easiest win we have had all season. Your players just take your money and give you nothing back - they don't care about Everton FC.

We knew we would beat you today coz you have not fight and no heart. Must be honest we are a little disappointed as we wanted to come visit you in numbers to say hi for the replay and knock you out in your own manor :) c'est la vie! (or should I say que sera sera!)

I hope the few fans of yours that travelled get back safely. See you again sometime. Millwall K2K bush, bush, bush x
Mate, this is a bit of an unsophisticated attempt to be a wum on here. We're a bit smarter than the average fan, I think. Not just saying that out of bravado, its just my observation of the forum over a few years.

Anyhoos - I doubt most of us would disagree with what you're saying to try to wind us up. Most weeks we complain about the weak, courageless performances ourselves.

Enemy lines my backside. It's a game of sport. If you lads just want to make it into warfare with fruitloop comments you're just leading sad lives where you're over compensating for some psychological deficiency you're trying to make up for. If I weren't feeling so sorry about myself for following a terrible team, I'd feel sorry for you lot, but I simply don't have enough emotion for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.