Match Thread Millwall v Everton, FA Cup 4th round, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or posting on the internet , getting a club crest tattooed , getting up at stupid o’clock to travel up and down the country or spending money they don’t have to do it whilst missing important days to the rest of the family . Bit more to it than that otherwise why would any of us bother .

I've done all of that. It's still essentially kicking a ball of air through some sticks. Football shouldn't affect someone that much that they resort to taking a Stanley knife to someone else over it.

Get excited, shout and scream, do whatever - just fighting over it is for utter vermin.

I knew the moment I witnessed Millwall get in to a huddle before the game, that an upset was on the cards. We don't look like a team, we don't act like a team. Coleman should have got them in a huddle and reminded them that this would make or break the season.
At least I had £10 on Rich first goal.
Personally I think we need to give Silva time.... lets get through this dismal season... get rid of money drainers and get a decent striker and winger in the summer transfer window.

Just to remind you;

We had our two best players out injured, as well as our regular choice left back and our centre midfielder!!!!

You didn't just lose to a poor Championship side in a relegation battle; you lost to a depleted Championship side in a relegation battle.

To rub salt in the wounds.

Yeah but your 2 best players were replaced with the ref and linesman so its swings and roundabouts!

Just to remind you;

We had our two best players out injured, as well as our regular choice left back and our centre midfielder!!!!

You didn't just lose to a poor Championship side in a relegation battle; you lost to a depleted Championship side in a relegation battle.

You deserved to win. We deserved what we got, nothing....

I knew the moment I witnessed Millwall get in to a huddle before the game, that an upset was on the cards. We don't look like a team, we don't act like a team. Coleman should have got them in a huddle and reminded them that this would make or break the season.
At least I had £10 on Rich first goal.
Personally I think we need to give Silva time.... lets get through this dismal season... get rid of money drainers and get a decent striker and winger in the summer transfer window.
You knew it was all over after the huddle lol.

Then you think a manager who cant cope with an opposition huddle should be given time.? I would give the clown 18 months in walton.

Their whole squad cost less than 2mil and they had 5 regulars out lololololol.

The manager might not be good enough but neither are most of these players, none of them are mentally strong enough to ever win anything and none of them look like they actually care about playing for the club either. I wouldn't be able to pick any of them as someone who wants to fight for the team and lift the rest of the players up, it's going to take years to get the club back into a good position again. There's a desperate need for a huge clear out but you can't do that without building around that over years rather than a single transfer window.
You could be right. It's been bad since the derby, but through it all I've kept expecting them to turn things around. This performance though, together with their
effort at Southampton last week was pitiful. If there isn't a serious response at Huddersfield, I don't think we can expect anything from this squad - ever.

There’s no question that Milwall’s 2nd should have been disallowed, it’s beyond parody that it can be shown on the big screen before play has resumed and the referee still not correct his mistake.

That said it doesn’t excuse how poor we were last night nor does it excuse how we just completely lost our heads in the last 10 minutes. Sad to see how mentally fragile this team really is.

What is also beyond belief is that a ref at FIFA level is unable to position himself so that he can see all that is going on in the penalty area from a dead ball situation, knowing full well that the ball will be lobbed into an area around the 6-yard box. You see it week after week: a ref positioning himself so that he is unable to see the shenanigans that goes on. What we do NOT see (or at least hear about) is referees being taken to task over their blatantly poor work on the pitch (even Clattenberg received no official admonition - he was just quietly removed from reffing at Goodison for years). So well done to the Accrington Manager for calling out Moss yesterday. It needs a lot more Managers to show some balls and publicly crucify the ref when they get things wrong. It is no small thing when they make a total balls up. It shapes a season for some clubs, financially also, ourselves included yesterday. Millwall should have been scrapping for an equaliser in the last minute of added time yesterday, not a winner. And that, unfortunately, is a sad fact...

You knew it was all over after the huddle lol.

Then you think a manager who cant cope with an opposition huddle should be given time.? I would give the clown 18 months in walton.

Their whole squad cost less than 2mil and they had 5 regulars out lololololol.

let's sack him then and get someone else in hey..... You can't just blame the manager- the players should take most of the blame

Just to remind you;

Don’t flatter yourself, we are perfectly capable of losing to teams much worse than yours

Status
Not open for further replies.