Match Thread Millwall v Everton, FA Cup 4th round, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was shocking altogether. Between getting glass bottles thrown at us from about 2pm onwards to being trapped in that stadium like pigs afterwards. That performance and result lamented the whole situation and it absolutely shocking.

In fairness, some sections of our fanbase were a disgrace too, heard and seen plenty of stuff that would warrant criminal proceedings and/or lifetime bans. This club is falling apart from the ground up.

Yesterday was shocking altogether. Between getting glass bottles thrown at us from about 2pm onwards to being trapped in that stadium like pigs afterwards. That performance and result lamented the whole situation and it absolutely shocking.

In fairness, some sections of our fanbase were a disgrace too, heard and seen plenty of stuff that would warrant criminal proceedings and/or lifetime bans. This club is falling apart from the ground up.

Glad you got home OK, and thanks for representing us there.

Agree with you as regards the state of the club, been supporting since the mid-1960's, and never been more demoralised.

Millwall - Behind Enemy Lines

Been taking an interest in your Forum since the 4th Round draw was made. As usual with all Prem teams most of you just assumed you would turn up and roll over us. Slagging us off as a football club and our fans who according to you are all all talk and no do.

Well how did that work out for you today?

Frankly, to tell you what you probably already know - that was genuinely the easiest game we have had all season. Lookman, Tosun when he came on and Coleman who is honest as the day is long apart - your premier league poseurs have no heart, no fight, and no pride whatsoever in your club badge - they don't care about Everton FC and they dont give a toss about you the fans. £50M players? My god - our entire team cost anout £1.8M in total and I think we overpaid! How can you relate to those charlatans? How can you feel that these totally disconnected mercenaries really represent you and your proud community? Absolutely shameful and even though you may hate us and look down on us - our beloved Millwall are everything we want them to be - the football club, the players who represent our football club and our fiercely loyal and proud fans on the pitch, and our fans. We are real people with a real traditional football club which remains completely in sync and as one with our fans (they know they have to represent us on the pitch and what we expect and demand of them or we get em out very quickly) - and what we are is enough for us and we wouldn't change a thing. We are happy with our club, our manager, our style of play, our passion, our uniqueness, our fans and the honest effort and heart our players put into their game - and we can relate to them coz they are an extension of us. And we are happy we are through to the 5th Round of the FA Cup with the easiest win we have had all season. Your players just take your money and give you nothing back - they don't care about Everton FC.

We knew we would beat you today coz you have not fight and no heart. Must be honest we are a little disappointed as we wanted to come visit you in numbers to say hi for the replay and knock you out in your own manor :) c'est la vie! (or should I say que sera sera!)

I hope the few fans of yours that travelled get back safely. See you again sometime. Millwall K2K bush, bush, bush x

A load of grown men, running around, punching other grown men, because they support a different football team. Grow up. As for the racist chants, get with it, you backwards bastards, it’s the 21st century.

Don’t flatter yourself, we are perfectly capable of losing to teams much worse than yours

:D :D :D

I did actually watch the Lincoln game (Money involved) And was surprsied at how close they ran you after you looked in complete control for the first 20 minutes.

I think you suffered after the Neymar transfer, after the prices went super inflated, instead of taking a step back and trying to do things more smartly you went crazy and followed the trend and started chucking around ludicrous money for bang average players with no plan and are now reaping what you sowed.

I don't know if you employ any stats people at your club to look at potential transfers and do proper research on them, but given that they would only cost £40,000 a year each, it would be a wise investment in how much money it could save in stopping you spending say £24million on Davy Klassen or £50million on Glyfi.

I remember the stats community couldn't believe that someone would spend that much on Glyfi when you look at the underlying numbers of his play at Swansea, and how set pieces inflated his actual contribution during a game; and how having a 6ft5 Llorente upfront also helped his figures.

I know many clubs are skeptical about using stats still (No idea why!!), one club who has embraced it over the previous years is your neighbours Liverpool, and their transfer activity in recent years has been pretty damn good.

I have to say, having played my entire career in a back 4, I've never been a fan of zonal defense and I don't think I ever will be.

:D:D:D

I did actually watch the Lincoln game (Money involved) And was surprsied at how close they ran you after you looked in complete control for the first 20 minutes.

I think you suffered after the Neymar transfer, after the prices went super inflated, instead of taking a step back and trying to do things more smartly you went crazy and followed the trend and started chucking around ludicrous money for bang average players with no plan and are now reaping what you sowed.

I don't know if you employ any stats people at your club to look at potential transfers and do proper research on them, but given that they would only cost £40,000 a year each, it would be a wise investment in how much money it could save in stopping you spending say £24million on Davy Klassen or £50million on Glyfi.

I remember the stats community couldn't believe that someone would spend that much on Glyfi when you look at the underlying numbers of his play at Swansea, and how set pieces inflated his actual contribution during a game; and how having a 6ft5 Llorente upfront also helped his figures.

I know many clubs are skeptical about using stats still (No idea why!!), one club who has embraced it over the previous years is your neighbours Liverpool, and their transfer activity in recent years has been pretty damn good.
I'm not a fan of stats driven togger. Fat Sam has always embraced it, but you end up with a boss picking a team based on stats, the players know it and just play pointless, stupid safe passes to the player nearest to them and await a simple return to boost their 'passes made' and 'passes completed' figures.

It makes for dull, dull, un-adventurous football.

What a disaster not helped by poor officials. Never mind the hand ball goal there should for me have been about 2 penalties particularly that one where their man had his arm around Keane's neck. Keane appealed but Oliver ignored. Millwal players should also have colected 2/3 yellows in that 1st half for their fouling.
It does not though excuse poor defending of set ball pieces would like to ask what the hell is Silva doing about this?
The game clearly showed we need a number 9, DCL is just so useless - get rid rather see Tosun play before him

Silva has got to wake up or say goodbye - too many defeats on the trot now.

Been taking an interest in your Forum since the 4th Round draw was made. As usual with all Prem teams most of you just assumed you would turn up and roll over us. Slagging us off as a football club and our fans who according to you are all all talk and no do.

Frankly, to tell you what you probably already know - that was genuinely the easiest game we have had all season. Lookman, Tosun when he came on and Coleman who is honest as the day is long apart - your premier league poseurs have no heart, no fight, and no pride whatsoever in your club badge - they don't care about Everton FC and they dont give a toss about you the fans. £50M players? My god - our entire team cost anout £1.8M in total and I think we overpaid! How can you relate to those charlatans? How can you feel that these totally disconnected mercenaries really represent you and your proud community? Absolutely shameful and even though you may hate us and look down on us - our beloved Millwall are everything we want them to be - the football club, the players who represent our football club and our fiercely loyal and proud fans on the pitch, and our fans. We are real people with a real traditional football club which remains completely in sync and as one with our fans (they know they have to represent us on the pitch and what we expect and demand of them or we get em out very quickly) - and what we are is enough for us and we wouldn't change a thing. We are happy with our club, our manager, our style of play, our passion, our uniqueness, our fans and the honest effort and heart our players put into their game - and we can relate to them coz they are an extension of us. And we are happy we are through to the 5th Round of the FA Cup with the easiest win we have had all season. Your players just take your money and give you nothing back - they don't care about Everton FC.

We knew we would beat you today coz you have not fight and no heart. Must be honest we are a little disappointed as we wanted to come visit you in numbers to say hi for the replay and knock you out in your own manor :) c'est la vie! (or should I say que sera sera!)

I hope the few fans of yours that travelled get back safely. See you again sometime. Millwall K2K bush, bush, bush x

Happy with your fans? Racist chanting, slicing opposition fans faces open because they support another team, yeah should be really happy to have a fan base like that. And your players probably only put in effort cause they are afraid you will kneecap them if they don’t. Getting to round 5 means nothing at the end of the day as you won’t be getting any further. Enjoy surviving relegation as if it’s a trophy, if you can manage to survive. Then enjoy doing it again next season as you have no prospects so enjoy.

Do one you belled. I witnessed a 15 or 16 year old kid with his arl man get hit by a bottle thrown by one of your lot on their way to the stadium - absolute miracle that it didn't split him open and that he was OK. Totally unprovoked. All Millwall lot big mouths on them but then when they came face-to-face with the blues they ran a mile. Don't condone scrapping at games and that seems like all your lot where there for.

I liked all the fans disguised as empty seats.

Proper club my arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.