Mick Doherty leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coleman wasn't really plucked from obscurity. He didn't find him. Fans of the Eircom League and football in Ireland in general heard about him and seen him fly down the wing for Sligo. He was always touted as the next big fullback.

Not doubting the Mick's work but im sure in the scouting circles their were quite a few looking at him from various clubs. Fair play to him for persisting looking at him and reporting to the club that he was worth a gamble though.

I think its more to do with his contacts and relationships with other clubs/academy's. Its all very well hearing about a player who is showing fantastic potential but some of these scouts have years and years of dealings with clubs and their scouts. The scout network is huge and its good to be well known in those circles, like Doherty was.

I think Teppic is it, on here? He always goes on about Korean prospects and fumes when other teams pick them up for pennies. I wish we'd signed C.Y. Lee, like.

It's been doing my bean in for years. When Park Chu Young hit the scene here as an 18 year old I was all over the old Toffeeweb forums saying how he will be the next big thing. It did my head in to see him go to Monaco for a million or two. Lee CY went to Bolton for 2 million. A proper face palm after watching him bang them in for FC Seoul. Ki at Celtic was boss too. They were nicknamed the double dragon at Seoul because they were so much better than the rest of the league. The country is footy mad and it it is going to continue to churn out decent players. As the K league is so awful they are all desperate to move to Europe.

I have emailed Everton about keeping tabs on players here for them but got no reply. I'd do it for free too. I don't know much about the C league or the J league but I reckon I'm as up to speed on the K league as any Everton scout.

Ji Dong Won scored against Chelsea at the weekend for Sunderland, and they picked him up for less than 2 mill. Korea's main national team striker for those who don't know. He's 21 like.

Status
Not open for further replies.