Mick Doherty leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know much about the scouts at all. If he found Coleman, then its a big shame we're losing him

May be being a bit naive but scouting's an easy job isn't it? Go to as many games as possible and sign up the best players. I'm sure we can get others that are just as good.

May be being a bit naive but scouting's an easy job isn't it? Go to as many games as possible and sign up the best players. I'm sure we can get others that are just as good.

Finding good players whom are playing at a lower level and determining whether or not they can step up to become someone who will become a top player in the premier league is very difficult, i.e. every time Rob Earnshaw plays in the championship he looks as good as Defoe but then is ****e in the prem and barely scores any.

I reckon there are lots of unknown talents in ireland. I know everyone has scouts there but look at coleman, doyle, long, farrelly etc. Same with Scotland. Wenger has France tied up and we cant afford the air fares to south america but sell yobo and track down the oldest wisest celtic scouts around, the football equivalent of Mickey in Rocky. Use that cash and tell him to find us the new George Best. Maybe its the wine in my veins or the glue under my nose but by God this could just work.

Coleman was fairly well known before we signed him.......he had been on a number of trials in England. Villa and another couple of prem clubs were in for Vellios when we signed him. dont want to belittle his work but it's not as if he was the scout who 'discovered' these players.

I would be interested to learn how many scouts are in South America, Asia or Africa...

VERY cheap to sign players + new rules mean salary wise players can get visas/work permits.

I would be interested to learn how many scouts are in South America, Asia or Africa...

VERY cheap to sign players + new rules mean salary wise players can get visas/work permits.

I think Teppic is it, on here? He always goes on about Korean prospects and fumes when other teams pick them up for pennies. I wish we'd signed C.Y. Lee, like.

so bloke who was responsible in finding some gems for cheap has now gone to one of the biggest clubs in europe?

must be a reason.....

ah well, financial fair play will save us

Status
Not open for further replies.