Transfer Rumour Michy Batshuayi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that’s about where I am with this
I think it would all be dependent on either Niasse or Tosun moving on, however if we're honest it'll probably need to be Tosun if we desire to balance the books.

Ideally, we could move Niasse on for a few million, take the hit on Batshuay with the hope of moving Tosun on in the summer - it won't happen though.

Don't get me wrong, he's not my ideal target by any stretch of the imagination but for £14m I do feel he'd be a fairly good addition to our options up front.

I think you'll struggle to find exactly where I said that Everton have been blessed with top strikers. It was you who said poor to average at best about a group of players including England's record goal scorer, and have now produced some highly selective stats to back up your claim.

It's OK to admit you know nothing about football. Some of us have already realised.
Ha highly selective stats, goals scored by a striker maybe I do no nothing about football but I do look for goals scored as the most important start when it comes to strikers, maybe you as the encyclopedia of football could tell me what I should look for in a striker, chances created, shots on target, pass %? You say I know nothing about football yet in the same post use Fransis Jeffers as an example of a good striker we've had only to prove my point.

I think it would all be dependent on either Niasse or Tosun moving on, however if we're honest it'll probably need to be Tosun if we desire to balance the books.

Ideally, we could move Niasse on for a few million, take the hit on Batshuay with the hope of moving Tosun on in the summer - it won't happen though.

Don't get me wrong, he's not my ideal target by any stretch of the imagination but for £14m I do feel he'd be a fairly good addition to our options up front.

Agreed I’m not saying I’m particularly excited by him but what we’ve got at present is nowhere near good enough . the players we’ve brought in so far have been marked improvements on what we had and even with my doubts he’s clearly a better option than niasse .

Being entirely honest, I'm unsure if Batshuayi is what I'd desire as our long-term, primary option upfront. Yet, I do feel he could be part a greater transfer strategy.

If the reported £14m is correct, then I certainly do believe he'd been an improvement over Niasse and potentially Tosun if we adhere to our current style of play.

So in the short term, it would potentially support our attacking option and if we then brought in a top quality striker, we'd have a greater quality and variety up front.

Next season, Player X (whoever that would be), Richarlison, Batshuayi and DCL would bring much more confidence than Richarlison, Tosun, Niasse and DCL.

A striker who barely score though.

Hes better than anything we have, surely we can loan him with a view to buy so we dont have to offload Tosun this season

Never forget

200w.gif

I don't know if I'm making this up, or why I think this but i thought he was decent when he was at Chelsea. I remember when rom was being linked with a move away I wanted us to sign him.
Again no idea where I have got this from

Ha highly selective stats, goals scored by a striker maybe I do no nothing about football but I do look for goals scored as the most important start when it comes to strikers, maybe you as the encyclopedia of football could tell me what I should look for in a striker, chances created, shots on target, pass %? You say I know nothing about football yet in the same post use Fransis Jeffers as an example of a good striker we've had only to prove my point.

Your stats are selective. It's well known Cottee scored 99 goals for us so you have selected some of the goals and ignored others.

They also work against the point you made (that these are poor to average strikers), look at the ratios of goals to games for Cottee - better than 1 in 3 yet he's a poor to average striker. Yakubu scored over 20 goals in a season - poor to average according to you.

I never said Jeffers was a good striker. You said he was poor to average yet at the time he was sold his record for us was close to 1 goal in 3 games (as a teenager) and he went to the club who became Champions following his move for a hefty fee.

If you want to maintain those players, including record goal scorers for England and the player who is ninth in our all time top scorers list (0.46 goals per game), are poor to average at best then you crack on with it.

If he’s a 1 in 3 striker he’s better than we have now.

He’s better than a 1 in 3 striker though. Just needs a goal or two to kick on

Status
Not open for further replies.