2023/24 Michael Keane

Any Central Defender that plays behind that midfield and both fullbacks, is going to be on the back foot, for the entire game. No runners tracking back, no one picking the runs, giving the ball away with no desire or foresight to track back. Full backs offering no support, nothing up top to hold the ball, he came straight back.

Yes Keane could have done better on the last two goals, but if your midfield is non-existent, you will never win the game.

Iwobi Gana Onana Doucoure does not work

Any Central Defender that plays behind that midfield and both fullbacks, is going to be on the back foot, for the entire game. No runners tracking back, no one picking the runs, giving the ball away with no desire or foresight to track back. Full backs offering no support, nothing up top to hold the ball, he came straight back.

Yes Keane could have done better on the last two goals, but if your midfield is non-existent, you will never win the game.

Mina played behind the same players at the end of last season. Stop making excuses for this pathetic excuse for a professional athlete.

I wouldnt disagree with all the first part but he's been a error prone disaster for a few years.
You just sit there waiting for the errors and goals to go in. Its like watching someone playing on slow motion.
I simply cant believe weve started another season with him in the first team.

I hate it when I'm right

Screenshot_20230820_180502_Chrome.jpg

In better news, I don't think he will be as bad next week, but I'd rather Dyche comes to his senses and puts Branthwaite in instead.

If Dyche drops him after that, then he’s shown weakness and given in to the mob
This is so wrong Mikey.

Any DECENT manager would drop him for performances like that ( he couldn't wait to do it to Cody ).
It's not about weakness , it's about being strong enough to admit you have made a mistake & rectifying it.

Whilst I agree with most things said on here about Keane, Pickford has not covered himself in glory TBF. Nobody saying anything about him

Because Pickford is generally solid (though there are plenty who slate him constantly anyway).

This dope is consistently awful, costing us goals every time he plays, but still somehow getting picked.

Midfield is part of the problem but that defence starts 1-0 down every week so that ruins last years 1-0 win strategy.

Complaining about Keane isn’t going to help or work either

If Dyche drops him after that, then he’s shown weakness and given in to the mob

It’s an absolute mess

We’ve just got to hope that Branthwaite trains so well that he becomes undeniable
If he doesn't drop him it shows weakness too
Or that he wasn't watching the same game

Dyche rightly recognised last season that we would be relegated if we kept Keane in the team, so what the hell does he think has changed now?

Keane is a ticket to the championship pure and simple and if Dyche persists with him we can't afford to persist with Dyche.
How many managers have dropped Keane only for the new one to give him another run?
He loves a new manager
Runs around in training, smiling at him, jumping in front of him or whatever the hell he does to get these never ending 2nd chances
As you say Dyche already knows, so why the hell is he giving him another go
Hopefully he'll just think 'right, that's twice now I've given him a shot, no more'

How many managers have dropped Keane only for the new one to give him another run?
He loves a new manager
Runs around in training, smiling at him, jumping in front of him or whatever the hell he does to get these never ending 2nd chances
As you say Dyche already knows, so why the hell is he giving him another go
Hopefully he'll just think 'right, that's twice now I've given him a shot, no more'
World class in training because he's up against Everton forwards. You'd think the penny might drop.

Mentally weak, prone to repeated errors and lapses in concentration. If his name is in the starting 11 next week in what will be a high pressure match, we're in trouble