2022/23 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, debate, I pointed out last week that Keane had to start alongside Tarko because there was a good chance that could be our most likely CB pair, since there was no chance Mina would stay fit.
From week one we would should of got them working together, was I right?
As it turned out, as I predicted Mina did get injured, ok nobody could predict what has unfortunately happened to Godfrey.
Do you think Lampard got it right or wrong?
He had a choice on who too play, 4 options all with as many reasons to be left out as each other, since none were better or worse last season. But one thing we did no for certain is Mina wouldn't stay fit and shouldn't of been played, Keane should of
Actually, Lampard got it right.

Look objectively at the first half. Mina was excellent, in every facet of play. The penalty (for instance) was all the more frustrating because Mina already had the threat of the shot completely covered. He's a genuinely talented player and an entertaining snide as well. Stick him alongside Tarkowski and *gasp* our defence looked solid. Even Holgate was widely acknowledged as putting in a decent shift - not a surprise, given that he was alongside two rock-solid performers.

That's why Mina plays ahead of Keane whenever there's a choice. Keane spreads panic whenever he plays.

Would I advocate for keeping Mina? No. His injury history is beyond ridiculous. With our payroll issues and urgent needs elsewhere in the squad, he's a luxury we can't afford. BUT he's obviously not generating any interest from any other club, so if he's staying then he needs to be playing. There's zero sense in keeping him employed by the club but never playing him.

With the new rules about subs what I would do is start Mina whenever he's fit, but replace him during half-time. Go into the second half with four remaining subs and three "windows", and keep Mina fit to start the next game - maybe someone would take a gamble on him in January as a consequence.

Ok, debate, I pointed out last week that Keane had to start alongside Tarko because there was a good chance that could be our most likely CB pair, since there was no chance Mina would stay fit.
From week one we would should of got them working together, was I right?
As it turned out, as I predicted Mina did get injured, ok nobody could predict what has unfortunately happened to Godfrey.
Do you think Lampard got it right or wrong?
He had a choice on who too play, 4 options all with as many reasons to be left out as each other, since none were better or worse last season. But one thing we did no for certain is Mina wouldn't stay fit and shouldn't of been played, Keane should of
Frank sees these every day in training . I would think he would pick the team based on performance Not on whether they might get an injury. Before being subbed off Yerry played well and it’s telling that he wasn’t replaced by Keane

So if he is 5th choice why has this thread got so nany posts, about a player who isn't really relevant right now?
It's a reflection on the fan base, a bad one
Because we should be looking to sell our 5th choice centre half?

Wouldn't even say he's 5th choice, he'll be about 7th choice when coady comes in

Off to the Hammers I reckon. Moyesey likes him and they sold Issa Diop to Fulham today.. same day we get Coady. Coincidence much? Dominoes are starting to fall..

Myko and Coleman could play in a 3.. not saying they will but it’s a possibility. If anyone wants to give us money for Keane we simply have to deal. Tarkowski and Coady rarely injured, it’s a gamble I’d take tbh
Everybody is for sale.

But none of our CBs have had decent links away, be shocked if any are punted, Mina was the only 1 I thought we would move on, but not now he's injured, again.

I don't think he can be sold now after the injuries to Godfrey and Mina.

We have Tarkowski, Coady, Holgate and Keane as experienced centre halves together with Reece Welch. I don't think any of those will be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.