2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure why it is but some Evertonians always seem to need a scapegoat in the team as if one player is responsible for all the things that are wrong in the club.

It certainly is Michael Keane at the moment and Tom Davies is next in line.

I don't know if supporters of other clubs ar similar.
Same for every team at every level

I am not sure why it is but some Evertonians always seem to need a scapegoat in the team as if one player is responsible for all the things that are wrong in the club.

It certainly is Michael Keane at the moment and Tom Davies is next in line.

I don't know if supporters of other clubs ar similar.
There a joke, last season our fans were a disgrace for months and only really got behind the team for the last run of games, it sounds like some are allready getting set to be against the players again this coming season, one that we are going to struggle again in with Richarlison to help

I dont see any being as bad as ours though because with us its on a grand scale, for some there is nothing good about Everton, they hate every aspect of the club

Chuckled at this.

Oh mate, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal are three that immediately spring to mind as being considerably worse at fuming at their own players.

I dont see any being as bad as ours though because with us its on a grand scale, for some there is nothing good about Everton, they hate every aspect of the club
Sorry have to disagree, it's torture at West Brom from players to board, honest, it's tame here compared to our place. I mooch around on most prem and Championship pages to find out Transfer stuff so pick up all the vibes, it's pretty bad at Wolves too at the moment.

Chuckled at this.

Oh mate, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal are three that immediately spring to mind as being considerably worse at fuming at their own players.
Not as bad as ours, no chance, besides they are playing in a different level of the PL, for us its far more important to be %100 behind every player we have at the moment, especially the fragile ones

I mean he could have done something about that at any point. If he felt his personal fitness wasn’t where it needed to be why didn’t he do anything about it?

I know managers rightly take a lot of blame but I do feel we have a group of players who don’t take any personal collective responsibility and will just cower behind any manager and gladly lay any blame at their door.

Sorry have to disagree, it's torture at West Brom from players to board, honest, it's tame here compared to our place. I mooch around on most prem and Championship pages to find out Transfer stuff so pick up all the vibes, it's pretty bad at Wolves too at the moment.
That is interesting, and a little comforting.
I thought that the negativity towards our own was an Everton thing.

It does show though why players should really stay away from social media as much as they can. All the abuse they get just can't be good for them.

Thing is everyone wants there club to be doing better, its natural but we go OTT with the pointless negativity, season hasnt even started and some are moaning about our players

Pretty clear he’s not going anywhere, he’s already being put out for puff pieces from the club. Curious to see if Tarkowski can have a calming effect on all of our CBs, but hopefully Keane ends up spending most of his time on the bench.

That is interesting, and a little comforting.
I thought that the negativity towards our own was an Everton thing.

It does show though why players should really stay away from social media as much as they can. All the abuse they get just can't be good for them.
I was at and event last year, one that deals with school children that Chris Kirkland is part of, anxiety and self-doubt and the importantace of staying away from social media, I think a lot of professional footballers social media accounts are not actually ran by them anyway, infact I know some are ran by agancies

Not as bad as ours, no chance, besides they are playing in a different level of the PL, for us its far more important to be %100 behind every player we have at the moment, especially the fragile ones

Only this morning is Gary Neville pleading with their fan base to stop bullying their club captain.

Arsenal fans bullied their captain Xhaka so much that he'd be swearing at them on the pitch etc.

And don't get me started on Chelsea fans.

Evertonians are passive compared to a lot of the league - remarkably so considering the crap tolerated. Can't recall what Everton player said it, but he said fans should have been attacking the bus rather than supporting it!

While he hasn’t had the Everton career I’d have hoped for he was important towards the end of the season, scored the first goal v Palace and is much better when we keep it simple.

Given the amount of stick and abuse he’s been given he’s at least professional in how he conducts himself.
I agree he was better towards the end, but him being crap for the rest (and previous seasons) is a part of why we were in that mess. Same when people give Iwobi for eg praise for how he did towards the end, when he’s been awful for years

Status
Not open for further replies.