2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
His first and last season were his worst by far. Every other he has played for us he has been our top distributor in the back line and completely dominant in the air- even contributing to a fair amount of goals.

If we had a decent midfield and he had a consistent/competent defensive partner, I’d find it easier to judge him harshly. The central midfield has always been the biggest problem apart from a small sliver of Carlo’s tenure.
This is pretty much exactly what I think too. Thanks for saving me the trouble of typing it ????

"Michael deserved the honour of captaining Everton. He is a professional guy, dedicated, and really cares about this club," said the Italian.
"He has improved, I think, in the past year and is consistently at a good level."
Ancelotti added: “Michael this season is really good, really consistent, he never made a mistake."

Carlo Ancelotti.

"terrible defender mate, it's crystal clear for those who know a thing or two about football"

Some bloke on a forum.
'Resignation? I have never resigned in my life and I never will.'

- Carlo Ancelotti

All managers are, they all lie.

Hes not gonna say "Mate, I played with Baresi, why do the footballing Gods inflict Keane on me?".
Hang on, I'm the one saying it's blag praise here, not you.

Still, I'll admit that it's slightly more effusive than you normally see regarding Keane. They usually say something about how he was no trouble at school and never parks across multiple bays.

Status
Not open for further replies.