2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calculation for transfer fees (not wages)

Signed in 2017 for £25mil on 5 year deal

Extended 2020 5 years with £15mil valuation

2022 Valuation £9mil
£10 million sale it is then.

My maths is truly appalling ( matched only by my understanding of FFP ) but surely it is unfair not to re calculateand have averaged out the original fee over the total length of time the player is at a club rather that introduce an arbitary valuation ( which could clearly be open to question ) when a new contract is signed. Does that mean that a youth player signed on an initial contract from the academy and subsequently sold 5 years later when he is a star ( say Phil Foden ) could fall foul of FFP ?

My maths is truly appalling ( matched only by my understanding of FFP ) but surely it is unfair not to re calculateand have averaged out the original fee over the total length of time the player is at a club rather that introduce an arbitary valuation ( which could clearly be open to question ) when a new contract is signed. Does that mean that a youth player signed on an initial contract from the academy and subsequently sold 5 years later when he is a star ( say Phil Foden ) could fall foul of FFP ?

Im suffering from a vaccine booster so not thinking too clearly.

However for the calculated value of a player being re-sold it is amortised over initial contract + the recalculated again over subsequent deals.

So on the one hand extensions enable clubs to hold onto players but on the other they are paid off over a longer time period -- not ideal for FFP.

A youth player has no value as he has not been sold before....the same as Tarkowski.

Only the wages on/off the books. So any sale is pure profit.

Going off what @Zatara has put, if my maths are correct his book value is 6mil ?

Keanes a better CB than both Holgate and Godfrey.

Would rather those pair left first.
I agree with you there. Holgate never fools me. Has a good 4-5 games then goes crap again. Always mistakes in him. Been here for years never kicked on. Godfrey I am willing to give him this season. He was definitely effected by covid this season. Plus injuries didn’t help either. Keane when full of confidence and we play a deep line yeah he good. However we need to push further up the field. To much space from front to back. Then he makes a mistake and his confidence gets shot. If a decent price comes in then I think we need to consider it.

w
Keanes a better CB than both Holgate and Godfrey.

Would rather those pair left first.
if Rafael was still here then maybe the set up would suit Keane, but franks long term doesn’t want to play a low block system, so potentially to get him off the books at 29 and bring in a few quid, then that’s good for me.

I’m not a fan of holgate and don’t believe he was fantastic towards the end of the season, I don’t think holgate is going to turn into some world class CB. Godfrey is still a little unknown, constantly filling in across the back 4, probably a number of different systems and partners. And of course missed 1/3 of the season last year through injury

w

if Rafael was still here then maybe the set up would suit Keane, but franks long term doesn’t want to play a low block system, so potentially to get him off the books at 29 and bring in a few quid, then that’s good for me.

I’m not a fan of holgate and don’t believe he was fantastic towards the end of the season, I don’t think holgate is going to turn into some world class CB. Godfrey is still a little unknown, constantly filling in across the back 4, probably a number of different systems and partners. And of course missed 1/3 of the season last year through injury
I'd agree with this to

Fella is a liability unless he has a world class partner next to him in defence which brings him up a level. Definitely need to be selling while he's on a long contract and if genuine interest is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.