2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
£9mil now...

Contract expires in 3 seasons so it drops to £6mil in 12months...£3mil 24months and £0 in 36months / end of contract.
If the total of his fee and re valuation is £40 m and the total length of the contracts are 10 years then surely his valuation is 4 x number of years left on the contract. So, if he goes now , 3 years before the end of the contract his FFP valuation is £12 m ? No?

Edit - just saw he joined in 2017 not 2015 - forget it! lol

Last edited:

Keanes a better CB than both Holgate and Godfrey.

Would rather those pair left first.

Along with Davies, Kenny, Gomes and Rondon, Keane should be one of the first names out of the door.

The team has to be set up to accommodate him, otherwise he`s next to useless.

You do that for a striker who scores lots of goals, not a very mediocre centre half, who needs someone next to him, to hold his hand every game.

Along with Davies, Kenny, Gomes and Rondon, Keane should be one of the first names out of the door.

The team has to be set up to accommodate him, otherwise he`s next to useless.

You do that for a striker who scores lots of goals, not a very mediocre centre half, who needs someone next to him, to hold his hand every game.

I don't think he's good enough as a starting CB for us but he's certainly okay as being a squad player when needed, barely gets injured and can chip in with a few goals.

People hate on him because he's a tugboat ultimately whereas Holgate and Godfrey give off the impression of being half decent because they have a bit of recovery pace yet Godfrey cant win a header and Holgate has never had a good run of games.

I would happily offload Holgate or Godfrey way before Keane for the very reason of next to a leader like Mina Keane isn't that bad - Godfrey and Holgate stink the gaff out regardless although I blame COVID to an extent with Godfrey.

Status
Not open for further replies.