2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst home record in our history ( or one of ) In the only season we don't have fans in the stadium.

You haven't got a clue what you are talking about, it's abundantly clear our fans are what make our home record so good over the years.
Carlo was our manager, and wasnt interested, you havent got a clue what you are on about.

Trouble with Keane he is too much like Mina and vice versa. And Cbs is about partnerships they both need Godfrey to balance out their styles and trouble is he is couple years off being the finished article as centre back.

Trouble with Keane he is too much like Mina and vice versa. And Cbs is about partnerships they both need Godfrey to balance out their styles and trouble is he is couple years off being the finished article as centre back.

Apart from heading the ball well im not sure theres 'that' many similarities between them.

Hopefully Keane is punted this summer.

Mina is much better. The problem with injuries is a big minus. Holgate and Keane together is surely a wet dream of every striker in the premier league!

If the new manager has Keane in his 1st 11 we can look forward to another 10th place finish next season (at best).
Keane has just signed a new contract. He will be here next season no matter what people think.

I think given the other number of other areas of the squad that need a living breathing person bringing in, CB is unlikely to be a priority area for investment.

RB, RW, CF, CM, the list goes on…. It’s already likely to be more than our transfer budget.

Add this to the fact that we are grappling with losses of over £100m pa and replacing Keane is not going to happen. I think the focus will be getting sufficient numbers to field a first eleven.

Keane has just signed a new contract. He will be here next season no matter what people think.

I think given the other number of other areas of the squad that need a living breathing person bringing in, CB is unlikely to be a priority area for investment.

RB, RW, CF, CM, the list goes on…. It’s already likely to be more than our transfer budget.

Add this to the fact that we are grappling with losses of over £100m pa and replacing Keane is not going to happen. I think the focus will be getting sufficient numbers to field a first eleven.

we arent palace, we unfortunately have plenty of players to field a first 11 (mostly crap, keane included).
just because he signed a new contract doesnt mean he can't be sold, the problem is finding a sucker.

Keane is a natural defender. Godfrey isn’t. Speed/pace is one thing, but learning how to use it is something entirely. Godfrey will learn from, and improve, around the likes of Michael Keane.

There really is nothing more to add to this, folks.

He's fine as 3rd choice. Mina and Godfrey first choice for me. Holgate is meh, Branthwaite looks promising though.

Keane is a natural defender. Godfrey isn’t. Speed/pace is one thing, but learning how to use it is something entirely. Godfrey will learn from, and improve, around the likes of Michael Keane.

there is, keane is not someone you want godfrey to learn from

Worst home record in our history ( or one of ) In the only season we don't have fans in the stadium.

You haven't got a clue what you are talking about, it's abundantly clear our fans are what make our home record so good over the years.
A lot of teams struggled at home last season. We won far more games away than at home. The same for other teams.
You would not need to be a genius to know that 40,000 people shouting encouragement will make difference to a team , again, the same is true of every team.

He's fine as 3rd choice. Mina and Godfrey first choice for me. Holgate is meh, Branthwaite looks promising though.
Keane was first choice under CA and the others rotated around him.

The new manager may have a different opinion or not.

As we don't know who the manager will be we can hardly say who will be first choice in any part of the team.

we arent palace, we unfortunately have plenty of players to field a first 11 (mostly crap, keane included).
just because he signed a new contract doesnt mean he can't be sold, the problem is finding a sucker.

Keane signed a new contract when he had 2 years left -- just as Mina has.

All about preserving the investment.

If we bring in a manager who wants to play on the front foot / doesnt want to play deep / wants composed confident defenders...

...hes gone.

Thats a bewildering statement. How anyone can "learn from and improve" playing with a centre back who falls apart through a lack of confidence and is a bog standard defender is beyond me.

Godfrey is made for playing a higher line, Keane is built to play very deep.

They dont complement one another.

Keane was first choice under CA and the others rotated around him.

The new manager may have a different opinion or not.

As we don't know who the manager will be we can hardly say who will be first choice in any part of the team.

Initially Mina and Holgate were first choice partnership before injuries.

Then Holgate was shoehorned into right back when he came back with no preseason.

We saw Ancelotti go incredibly deep to get the best out of Keane...then he was dropped by both England and Ancelotti and lost all confidence culminating in his display against City.

If a new manager comes in and makes Keane a fixture at the back theres really no point hoping for a top 6 finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.