2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defend deep and he's quality

Hes not 'quality' hes a big limited defender who can clear the ball...which is what he does in a deep defence.

That to me isnt a quality...Branthwaite could probably stand in the box heading balls all day as well.

If we want to play that way then we will need several players to be able to play on the counter...then we will still struggle against the bottom half teams who set up to defend.

Mina is much better. The problem with injuries is a big minus. Holgate and Keane together is surely a wet dream of every striker in the premier league!
Don't think any combination of that three make a balanced pair in the hurly burly of premiership and domestic cups... All three would make me weep.

You know what I mean.

Keane's had 12 caps under Southgate. Now can't get in over uncapped players.
Think he had it out with Southgate with earlier admission, it either works or ego personality thing rears up... That's my experience with management "fickle".

Last edited:

Hes another that people flip flop over. I think hes decent but you cant defend in a high line, I also think whoever he plays with at centre back look alot more settled with him next to him.

Hes another that people flip flop over. I think hes decent but you cant defend in a high line, I also think whoever he plays with at centre back look alot more settled with him next to him.
Maybe we wont play a high line? We finally have a manager who will use the squad we have to it's best suited for 3 points.

He's a typical old fashioned English defender, will look ok clearing long balls and hoofing it away, falls over his own feet if anybody runs at him, he also looks very surprised when it Dawn's on him the game has started, still he's no worse than the rest of them

Status
Not open for further replies.