2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
" reading of the game has improved under Silva" NAH ! "distribution has got better" NAH! "close to his peak" YES ! More useless than I thought.

When we played well early part of last season and the latter part, Keane was looking very much the player we bought, the poor form middle of last season and so far this have brought out his nervy side that we saw frequently during his first season

Needs dropping but with only holgate to replace it ain't a good situation we find ourselves in.
Need to buy a centre back as soon transfer window reopens by then we could be in serious peril with half the season gone. Grim Brands should have got this sorted in summer

Low block defender signed for a side who want to play a high-ish line. Madness. I think our need for aerial dominance at the time clouded other judgements.
Summed him up very well. His limitations were disguised with Burnley as his only task was to clear stuff away (by any means necessary, row Z etc.). Playing in a back four that sat deep, and with a midfield four just infront, it left little space for the opposition to operate (thus not exposing individuals and their weaknesses). When he left, Burnley didn’t miss him one iota (in fact they actually got better); it’s the system, not the individuals that make Burnley miserly in defence. In a team that pushes up, much more is required (mobility, ball playing ability, positional sense, and communication w/ the defenders), this has left him exposed big time. Said it before, he’s got the mobility of Steve Bruce but without the football brain of Steve Bruce. I’ve only seen Steve Bruce embarrassed once (by Romário and Stoichkov), with Keane it’s a regular occurrence.

Ruined by Silva.

Looked miles better under Dyche who knows how to drill a defence.
He’s not been “ruined” by anyone, he’s been exposed when more is required.

Never watched the game but just seen he got a 4 on SKY SPORTS, the lowest of the lot

He is shabite in he

Doesn't suit any team that doesn't sit back and defend like Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.