2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just look at their second goal. Cross coming in Maguire goes with man to near post. Keane follows him to near post. Attacker drops off Keane who continues towards to near post leaving attacker on his own with all day to slot home. Keane points at people.
This lad is slow but it's his speed of thought that is so so slow.
Actually had hope that when we signed him he would be an England player for years.
Would actually have holgate in now instead of him

The worst centre half I have ever seen for Everton and England.

He has nil, I repeat none, zero attributes or talent to bring a team at prem or international level.

His movement reminds me of 50 something crazy drunk guy who would play with us when we were 12,13 years old. He would not move until we include him as defender or goalie.

Summed him up very well. His limitations were disguised with Burnley as his only task was to clear stuff away (by any means necessary, row Z etc.). Playing in a back four that sat deep, and with a midfield four just infront, it left little space for the opposition to operate (thus not exposing individuals and their weaknesses). When he left, Burnley didn’t miss him one iota (in fact they actually got better); it’s the system, not the individuals that make Burnley miserly in defence. In a team that pushes up, much more is required (mobility, ball playing ability, positional sense, and communication w/ the defenders), this has left him exposed big time. Said it before, he’s got the mobility of Steve Bruce but without the football brain of Steve Bruce. I’ve only seen Steve Bruce embarrassed once (by Romário and Stoichkov), with Keane it’s a regular occurrence.

He’s not been “ruined” by anyone, he’s been exposed when more is required.
Spot on. So we need 2 cb’s not 1 lol

I know some experts on here don’t rate him, but I’d much prefer Holgate to be given a go, he may not be a grock like Keane, but he looks much more aware as a defender. I’ve made a point of watching Keane closely when we’re not in possession, his positioning is awful, he’s constantly looking around him like a lost kitten.

Status
Not open for further replies.