2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Keane hate is weird. Not because some of the critiques on him aren’t valid. It’s weird because 99 percent of the criticism he gets can be copy and pasted to the Mina thread yet people consider Mina some top drawer player.

Hard to understand some/most of the hate towards Keano,

Carlo must have had an input into the contract extention....Which must be a huge boost to the lad...

Heck!......I'd even give the captains arm band to the lad to boost him further.......if it helps him and the back line,playing in front of our shaky goalie....

Regards

Jack

Preventing him going on a Bosman, essentially. AS it stands we have bigger transfer targets than CB, Keane is still an important player in the squad. Hopefully, in a year or two we'l have singed better quality players at CB, leaving Keane surplus to requirements, he'd be a solid signing for any team who hover ~10th in the league or lower so we should be able to make a fair bit of the 30 mil we paid for him back.

Preventing him going on a Bosman, essentially. AS it stands we have bigger transfer targets than CB, Keane is still an important player in the squad. Hopefully, in a year or two we'l have singed better quality players at CB, leaving Keane surplus to requirements, he'd be a solid signing for any team who hover ~10th in the league or lower so we should be able to make a fair bit of the 30 mil we paid for him back.
We could sell him today and get our money back but I don't think he is for sale.

We could sell him today and get our money back but I don't think he is for sale.

We could but it's a risk as then we need to reinvest that money into a replacement, teams will know we need a CB and we'll struggle to get value for money.

Had our deal for Gabriel not fell through I defo reckon one of Keane or Mina would have been off this summer.

We could but it's a risk as then we need to reinvest that money into a replacement, teams will know we need a CB and we'll struggle to get value for money.

Had our deal for Gabriel not fell through I defo reckon one of Keane or Mina would have been off this summer.
I just think CA wants to sell Michael Keane at all, I think he sees him in his first eleven.
In a different situation I think we would have signed Gabriel but I think the pandemic and the form of Gibson and Branthwaite may have changed our thinking.

Gibson went to Fleetwood in January and I think his form there may have changed our minds.
I would not be surprised if he was kept at the club as fourth choice centre half and cover at left back.

I just think CA wants to sell Michael Keane at all, I think he sees him in his first eleven.
In a different situation I think we would have signed Gabriel but I think the pandemic and the form of Gibson and Branthwaite may have changed our thinking.

Gibson went to Fleetwood in January and I think his form there may have changed our minds.
I would not be surprised if he was kept at the club as fourth choice centre half and cover at left back.

I know what you mean, in interviews and that Carlo has specifically earmarked Keane and noted him as one of our players to build around. In that case, especially considering his injury record, it could well have been Mina who would have been shown the door had Gabriel came in.

Carlo is not Silva, he will not play Keane and expect him to defend at the half way line. Keane defending deep is fantastic as his form at the end of last season and Burnley showed.

I know what you mean, in interviews and that Carlo has specifically earmarked Keane and noted him as one of our players to build around. In that case, especially considering his injury record, it could well have been Mina who would have been shown the door had Gabriel came in.
I think it would of been Mina to go, clearly not good enough but im sure we could also have got a good fee for him, would of been good business to shift him.

He's definitely got better under Carlo. It doesn't help when the midfield is so poor in front of you and you have an erratic goalkeeper behind you, who finds it funny everytime he makes a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.