2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 year extension was daft.
How long did he have left? (2 years iirc). This is basically a 3 year extension if that is right taking him to 32 and/or ensuring a fee if sold before then.

I'm happy with this, I think he will be first choice with holgate in ancelloti's first choice 11 this season and whilst not spectacular he is good in the air and combines well with mason.

If his name was Marcelo Baptista and he was in the Brazil squad we'd be celebrating him as a top CB but apparently Michael Keane in the England squad doesn't rate.
It doesn’t matter what his name is, if he looks like Michael Keane and plays like Michael Keane my ticker and blood pressure will be all over the place every time I watch him play, sorry that should be: try to play.

What should we do, let his contract run down so a player becomes worth next to nothing and we have to spend big to replace him? we wasted £27m 2 years ago on Mina as a possible upgrade, if we let Keane run down we would have to do the same and waste more money while we have areas that are far more important. Look at Arsenal and the problems they have caused letting contracts run down, its not a reward for Keane but Everton protecting an asset
Yes I’ll have that, protecting an asset, makes sense, I just hope that asset doesn’t take root and stay here.

The Keane hate is weird. Not because some of the critiques on him aren’t valid. It’s weird because 99 percent of the criticism he gets can be copy and pasted to the Mina thread yet people consider Mina some top drawer player.

Ultimately, I think in games against the lower sides where we dominate posession hes a liability due to his lack of pace on the counter. But against teams such as Man City and Chelsea where we expect to sit back a lot, hes a great asset to have. I think a player like him has an important place in this side, but I think to really progress and soundly beat everyone outside the top 4 we need either Mina or someone else to be the partner to Holgate.

Hes better than Gabriel.

Keane, England International, 200 Premier League games.
Gabriel, Farmers league for 12months, no caps.

Oh ok that's how it works

Shane long 100s of premier League games

Mbappe 0 premier League games, loads in the farmer league

Hasn't Gabriel just been called up to the squad as well? Maybe that shows how good he is after only 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.