2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose my point is, do we think we are going to advance enough in one summer to justify moving on from the current tactics that are working?
Christ I hope so. I get playing pragmatic football, fully onboard with the excellent posts above, but I hope we don’t see much of Keane next season. In fact, playing like this we could get a tidy fee moving him on and getting a more mobile player to enable us to play a different style .

I suppose my point is, do we think we are going to advance enough in one summer to justify moving on from the current tactics that are working?
Probably not, which is why I'd go along with the idea that improving midfield should be the priority.

One of the big advantages of having such a well-respected manager is that the fans are likely to go along with any plan that he endorses, so we could actually be about to see a period of stability and, hopefully, targeted recruitment.

Christ I hope so. I get playing pragmatic football, fully onboard with the excellent posts above, but I hope we don’t see much of Keane next season. In fact, playing like this we could get a tidy fee moving him on and getting a more mobile player to enable us to play a different style .

Hey he saved us 5 points in the last couple of games, what other CB could have got near.

It’s honestly a shame that we’ve been done by two wacky goals like that. Could have had 4 consecutive clean sheets since the restart. The whole back line have been excellent
The lack of effort and nous shown by the midfield doesn’t warrant and will never achieve a clean sheet though. They’re that bad

The lack of effort and nous shown by the midfield doesn’t warrant and will never achieve a clean sheet though. They’re that bad
Can’t disagree. I’ve always believed that our defenders have been thrown under the bus since Gana left. They are finally getting some credit for the hands they’ve been dealt. Improving our midfield will go a long way in improving other areas of the pitch as well.

Can’t disagree. I’ve always believed that our defenders have been thrown under the bus since Gana left. They are finally getting some credit for the hands they’ve been dealt. Improving our midfield will go a long way in improving other areas of the pitch as well.
Agreed. I know people try and say we didn’t win anything with Gana so he can’t have been that good but we’ve had plenty of quality players who we don’t try and make that argument for.

The midfield is the absolute priority for us, if it stays as it is there’s literally no point mentioning Everton and Europe in the same breath

Been good since the restart. Taken a lot of stick on here has Micky kegs but never felt like he’s hidden or that he’s not arsed.
Not aure he is the long term answer but for while we are playing deep, or have a tactical plan that won’t expose him, will be a useful player.

It’s honestly a shame that we’ve been done by two wacky goals like that. Could have had 4 consecutive clean sheets since the restart. The whole back line have been excellent
Thing is, when you defend as deep as we have been, you do concede that type of goal. It’s not a mad coincidence, It’s a natural consequence of the way we’re playing.

....for me it’s about how Ancelotti wants to set his team up as opposed to how he’s having to set his team up. Play deep or not play deep.

Brands/Ancelotti will have a strategic team model and they will acquire players to fit that model.

If Keane doesn’t fit the strategic team model he should be shifted when his stock is at its highest. Whilst I accept he’s playing really well, I’m not a fan and I’d certainly be thinking this is the ideal time to cash in.

2 years left on his deal and playing very well in a deep defence.

Hopefully Jose coughs up £30mil for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.