2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancelotti's giving him chances, saying 'I want you to mark Benteke today son'. I hope he doesn't make a habit of leaving Holgate on the bench, but me today was a postive, an assured performance by Keane over the 90 minutes making the case why he deserves to be part of Ancelotti's plans.
The lack of transfer activity also suggests carlo wants to assess everyone

The lack of transfer activity also suggests carlo wants to assess everyone
That may be so, but I suspect that if we'd been as close to a European spot in January as we are now we'd have been in the market for both a CH and a MF.

Played very well today, 2 misplaced passes neither of which put us under any real pressure(one almost getting Sidibe behind the UTD defence). Looked confident strong and composed for the most part. I want to see more of THIS Michael Keane!!!

Played well today and I like the idea that Carlo is giving everyone a chance.

Mina and Holgate are better than Keane but no real need to get another central defender
when sub-quality players like Walcott are still getting a game and need replacing.

did alright tbh, Still looks shaky when he's playing out from the back.

I think he is fine on the ball, good even (for a centre back). Yeah I remember the mad ball to nobody but he was under pressure when the ball came to him.

Thought he did well today, made some important blocks when they counter attacked too.

That one where he just smacked it into the family enclosure under no pressure. He pinged it with such authority I was convinced someone must have been there. Sadly no one within 20 yards.
Yeah sadly he has moments like that in his locker which is why I can't get fully behind him.
I think he is fine on the ball, good even (for a centre back). Yeah I remember the mad ball to nobody but he was under pressure when the ball came to him.

Thought he did well today, made some important blocks when they counter attacked too.
He's a no nonsense defender, He loves it when he boots it up field and considering CA wants us to play out from the back it's not something he has in him which is a worry.

Yeah sadly he has moments like that in his locker which is why I can't get fully behind him.

He's a no nonsense defender, He loves it when he boots it up field and considering CA wants us to play out from the back it's not something he has in him which is a worry.

I honestly don't see him like that, quite the opposite actually. He carries the ball out of defence fairly well and rarely losses possession.

Its his actual defending that I am not a fan of.

Status
Not open for further replies.