2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your point, but you called me thick for not agreeing with it. Not a great debating tactic if I’m honest with you.

I am obviously an Everton fan, I was just saying your incredibly low expectations of footballers probably helps when you support us, I wish I was as happy with poor performances as you are.

You still miss my point so if the cap fits hombre.

My problem with him is the strikers have figured out that he can be bullied. It was most notable against Leicester, where vardy was targeting him. Holgate isn’t the biggest and probably still has a bit of filling out to do, but watching him land on carrol after a bit of a grapple by the touch line shows that he has the mentality to compete at this level. Not sure Keane does.

My problem with him is the strikers have figured out that he can be bullied. It was most notable against Leicester, where vardy was targeting him. Holgate isn’t the biggest and probably still has a bit of filling out to do, but watching him land on carrol after a bit of a grapple by the touch line shows that he has the mentality to compete at this level. Not sure Keane does.
I agree with this. There was another point of this when holgate climbed up the back of their striker and he flattened him only for the opposing player to get up and act dead hard ha. Keane just doesn’t do this

I agree with this. There was another point of this when holgate climbed up the back of their striker and he flattened him only for the opposing player to get up and act dead hard ha. Keane just doesn’t do this

He and Joelinton had the shoving match as well...Holgate took a step forward and their player isnt small.

Mina as well has the mentality to get in the opponents faces but despite his size Keane always seems quite timid.

I think its become obvious that we need 2 centre backs and for Keane to be moved on.

I don't believe that Keane is Ancelotti standard and that he will be replaced (he won't be the only one). However, in the meantime I expect Ancelotti will get a better performance out of him and with the whole team playing better and getting results, confidence will return.

Keane has had some terrible performances this season (as have many) but yesterday was one of his better (mainly in the second half). Holgate and Mina are my preferred pairing with Keane called up if we go three at the back.

I agree about the need for him to toughen up/be more imposing. I'm sure Carlo will be working on this already.

It's mad how players can look so bad when there confidence is at a low. Every player in our side has been poor at some point this season and people are straight on at them as if they ain't human and they shouldn't make mistakes. I rate him but he's obviously taking alot longer to get back to any form where as others are starting to kick on with the 'new manager effect' I actually think if we sold him we'd regret it in the long run.

Thought he did ok when he first came here right up until he had a right shocker for England last year?? and since then whenever he gets pressured he looks like a rabbit in the headlights.

My family are all Burnley fans so when having to endure watching them on family visits I saw enough of him to know he was poor most of the time. He did a job for them but not really what we needed. They were actually pleased to see him go and thought they got a cracking deal for him.

My family are all Burnley fans so when having to endure watching them on family visits I saw enough of him to know he was poor most of the time. He did a job for them but not really what we needed. They were actually pleased to see him go and thought they got a cracking deal for him.
Spot on. How anyone still thinks this fella is Prem class defies belief.

His highlight reel from Burnley consisted of about 14 sliding tackles from behind - clearly because he had already been skinned.

He is surely the slowest centre half in the Prem, he is definately the most immobile defender in the Prem, he is easily bullied, his distribution is poor, self belief poor and prone to making basic errors.

He is the worst defender I have witnessed in a blue shirt in 40 years and we paid 25mill for him.

Spot on. How anyone still thinks this fella is Prem class defies belief.

His highlight reel from Burnley consisted of about 14 sliding tackles from behind - clearly because he had already been skinned.

He is surely the slowest centre half in the Prem, he is definately the most immobile defender in the Prem, he is easily bullied, his distribution is poor, self belief poor and prone to making basic errors.

He is the worst defender I have witnessed in a blue shirt in 40 years and we paid 25mill for him.
Per Krøldrup says "hello"!

Status
Not open for further replies.