2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I hate is that people can’t give credit where it’s due. Keane played well today, a shaky first couple of mi it’s but was exactly what we needed today and played well.

People who don’t like him will say he was poor to fit their narrative but to me they are thick.
The Siggy thread was the same after the Burnley game, weirdos, no wonder Moshiri has called Evertonians out recently

One situation which sums Keane up for me.
The first half Walcott was going up a header and Keane was playing in a similar position to Coleman across a back 3. Instead of holing his line and waiting for Walcott to challenge the header and sweep up he charges 20yards the Newcastle player wins the ball and Almiron who was hugging the touch ran in on goal leaving Keane in no mans land and holgate having to cover. Luckily Almiron didnt test the goal. It’s not just about pace or how big you are it’s about making the right calls and Keane makes to many rash decisions to be a Top defender at this level.

What I hate is that people can’t give credit where it’s due. Keane played well today, a shaky first couple of mi it’s but was exactly what we needed today and played well.

People who don’t like him will say he was poor to fit their narrative but to me they are thick.
Call me thick all you want but I thought he was poor today. Some people think everyone’s had a good game when we win, other people understand football.

I get the same feeling when he's on the ball that i got with joseph yobo. Nervous toe clenching feeling that he's about to make an error. Yobo to be fair had a lot to his game but there was always the eeeek moment when he tried to play out from the back. Keane its being clumsy. Nothing against the lad but if we want to kick on he needs moving on.
Happy to take thick. But he's not good enough if we want to go to good teams and have a bit more quality in that position.

I get the same feeling when he's on the ball that i got with joseph yobo. Nervous toe clenching feeling that he's about to make an error. Yobo to be fair had a lot to his game but there was always the eeeek moment when he tried to play out from the back. Keane its being clumsy. Nothing against the lad but if we want to kick on he needs moving on.
Happy to take thick. But he's not good enough if we want to go to good teams and have a bit more quality in that position.
No mate we won, all our players are world class, you have to be thick not to see it. Until we lose, and they’re all awful again.

If you ask him to play out from the back his brain melts, He only knows one mode and it's kick it into row z.
Possibly due to being managed by such a dog muck manager for a long time but he isn't cut out for a team like us who actually try and play football, He'll have the odd game where he dominates the striker but he's too prone to basic mistakes or lapses in judgement that a team like us cannot afford on a regular basis.

Said I wanted to check the heading stats.

Christ.

Keane won 3 headers, Holgate none.

Orange is Carroll, blue is Keane, he went 70minutes without winning a header.

Some player Carroll if he could stay fit.

View attachment 75144
Obviously I know you aren't making this up but I can't imagine that's correct. I recall like 3 balls in to the box in the second half within a few minutes and Keane got all 3.

I'm not sure with Keane's performance, there's no doubting his effort. But Caroll won more aerial duals than any Premier League player since 2006. Everytime Newcastle lumped the ball forward, Everton look vunerable. I was surprised Mina wasn't brought on at half time to deal with that problem. But I think he (Keane) got in the right positions and grew into the game. But looks like it will be him or Mina who will partner Holgate at the back and Ancelotti will be looking for a pacey defender in January.

I'm not sure with Keane's performance, there's no doubting his effort. But Caroll won more aerial duals than any Premier League player since 2006. Everytime Newcastle lumped the ball forward, Everton look vunerable. I was surprised Mina wasn't brought on at half time to deal with that problem.
I think he knew how many minutes he had in Mina to utilise him to see us over the line at the end which is what he did,unforrunately Mina has been injury prone like Keane since joining us and I still think both of them need a consistent run of games to gain confidence and kick on with their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.