2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
People hoping " he'll come good " are deluded.

He's got too many inherent faults.
Despite the fact he has looked a bit better in the first two games, take the 2nd goal against Wolves last week for example, if that is Mina then he gets his head to that simply because he is 3-4 inches taller than Keane. I hope he can continue to improve but i doubt it and when we play a half decent team, they will run rings round him i fear.

He was caught out trying to mark two strikers because Holgate was out of position. He's far from top notch but he looks twice the player he was last season already, let's see what a bit of confidence can do.

..i’m very critical of Keane but sometimes you have to give credit to the quality of the pass, and that was a great cross for Wolves 2nd equaliser.

He played well against wolves mate. He didn't even make a mistake for the 2nd goal last week Look at how much time the player had to get that cross absolutely spot on. Where was the midfield and defence stopping the cross coming in.
Get off the lads back and maybe watch the game instead of singling out individual players for poor criticism.
As somebody who does watch the game, I’m not sure there’s a lot more we could have done to stop the cross actually. Coleman and Walcott were both marking people out wide but neves drifted out there to make it 3 on 2. You could argue that Schneiderlin could have gone out with him but then that would have left them with men over in the middle. The space neves Had was a direct result of being down to 10 men. But you know that because you watch the game.

They wouldn't have won the corner that they scored from if it wasn't for this cabbage.

He's probably going to just about blag his way through the present run of easy fixtures, but eventually he's going to get humiliated by someone good enough to make the most of the space in behind him. He's a sitting duck.
Not particularly defending Keane, but when you’re playing in front of a keeper who doesn’t command his area then mistakes of that nature will happen

They wouldn't have won the corner that they scored from if it wasn't for this cabbage.

He's probably going to just about blag his way through the present run of easy fixtures, but eventually he's going to get humiliated by someone good enough to make the most of the space in behind him. He's a sitting duck.

That's a big problem, his awareness of what's around him is terrible.

Not particularly defending Keane, but when you’re playing in front of a keeper who doesn’t command his area then mistakes of that nature will happen
Oh yeah, Pickford was all over the place yesterday. No arguments there.

Keane is just one of those players that I think it's impossible to achieve anything with, so I probably stick the boot in on him even more than he actually deserves.

My hope for him is that he grabs 5-7 goals to somewhat offset the 10-12 that he'll be responsible for.

As somebody who does watch the game, I’m not sure there’s a lot more we could have done to stop the cross actually. Coleman and Walcott were both marking people out wide but neves drifted out there to make it 3 on 2. You could argue that Schneiderlin could have gone out with him but then that would have left them with men over in the middle. The space neves Had was a direct result of being down to 10 men. But you know that because you watch the game.

To be honest that 2nd goal at Wolves was Baines fault. Baines plays him onside. The golden rule in those positions if the centre back is the "last man", if the ball goes over him it goes out of play. If a fullback goes deeper he has to win the header or he leaves the lad offside. Baines does neither.

Jiminez just reaches the ball on the stretch. Had he been a yard deeper (so onside) he doesn't reach the ball. Keane get's his positioning perfect, lets nothing go in front of him and if the ball is over his head it goes out for a goalkick.

Lots of faults in Kean's game, mainly down the sides, but he's good in the air and he was ok for that goal. The fault lies mainly with Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.