2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason he played so much last season, was that for some bizarre reason Holgate got dropped, despite being our best defender.

He's one of the main reasons why the manager felt it was necessary to go out and get two centre halves in.

I agree that minutes were cheap to come by as a CB last season and doesn't necessarily mean he is a quality player.He has to improve this season. As for getting two replacement players, I fear that has more to do with Holgate being out for a good while.

For such a big lad he is mentally and physically weak gets bullied into mistakes ..to early to right him off though he is no foreign import he knows what is required and might come good

For such a big lad he is mentally and physically weak gets bullied into mistakes ..to early to right him off though he is no foreign import he knows what is required and might come good
Doubt it, on account of the mentally weak bit. I imagine zouma signing will finish him off. Will be back at Burnley within 12 months for about 10mil.

No doubt he's got a job to keep his place. Mina is going to be 1st choice once he's ready to play. The other place is up for grabs. Is he up to the challenge and the competition? We'll see.

I think with Zouma here Keane is now down to the #4 choice. I think Holgate may be ahead of him at this point, which frankly, is much more comforting than where things were a couple weeks ago.

maxresdefault.jpg

Might come good you never know, Radcliffe was crap (although it was at full back)when he first came in and the crowd were on Watson's back when he replaced Moutfield for months .
Haven't seen anything up to now to say he will pull it it around like them, but a new partner , competition, or a different system my get something out of him.

Come on blues - cringing at some comments in here.

Clearly, there's a player in there who can defend and there was just so many mitigating factors last season - management, the inconsistency of the defence he was in and he played under medication/injuries.

Put any defender in that Everton side last season, often next to Cuco Martina, Ashley Williams and a young Kenny and they'd struggle. Later on in the season, he did start to settle/look better when Coleman and Baines come back, and we settled with Jagielka an Keane rather than Williams.

Come on blues - cringing at some comments in here.

Clearly, there's a player in there who can defend and there was just so many mitigating factors last season - management, the inconsistency of the defence he was in and he played under medication/injuries.

Put any defender in that Everton side last season, often next to Cuco Martina, Ashley Williams and a young Kenny and they'd struggle. Later on in the season, he did start to settle/look better when Coleman and Baines come back, and we settled with Jagielka an Keane rather than Williams.
You can’t say “I told you so” if you don’t have an extreme opinion one way or another. A lot of people are placing their bets early it seems.

It will be interesting to see how he goes alongside an aggressive decisive center back like Mina, it will show us if he has potential or if he is as bad as he looked last term.

This unfortunately.......

So hope he comes around, he needs some aggression in his game. Doesn’t use his frame to bully attackers. I’ve tried to keep positive about him as last year wasn’t the best season to settle but he’s got a hard challenge ahead of him this year.

If , as seems likely, he plays tomorrow I hope we present him with a nice clock at the end and comfortable cushion to soften the bench which I hope he will be occupying for the rest of the season.
Truly ranks amongst the worst Centre Backs I have seen at Everton.
If there is indeed a 'player in him ' it must be buried deep and encased in concrete, which would explain his speed of thought and movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.