2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He finally has an adequate partner in defence (Mina or Zouma) and isn’t injured anymore. Playing alongside Williams & Jags wouldn’t be ideal either due their lack of pace.

Make or break time now. If there's a player in there then this is the time to show it. He's no longer the only expensive centre back at the club which takes some pressure and attention off of him, but equally if Zouma comes in, he's eventually going to have to win his place in the starting line-up rather than getting it by default.

He's gotten a lot of stick, some from me like, but we all would love it if he stepped up. Go 'ed Michael.

I've still got faith in this lad, 3rd in minutes played last season would indicate two managers rated him. Mina will take some time to settle in, Holgate isn't fit, meaning Keane probably gets the first month to prove himself worthy of a starting place.

I've still got faith in this lad, 3rd in minutes played last season would indicate two managers rated him. Mina will take some time to settle in, Holgate isn't fit, meaning Keane probably gets the first month to prove himself worthy of a starting place.
i think you'll find that Cuco played a fair few minutes too lol

The problem with him at least attitude-wise is that I don't believe he has any perseverance about him so signing Zouma(hopefully) and Mina would be a motivator to a player with the right attitude about their performances but I think it will detrimental to his already fragile confidence.

The reason he played so much last season, was that for some bizarre reason Holgate got dropped, despite being our best defender.

He's one of the main reasons why the manager felt it was necessary to go out and get two centre halves in.

Status
Not open for further replies.