2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can higuain actually run, sure he had tits the other day the little chunk

Not the quickest by any means but his movement has always been clever, it’s how he’s got so many goals over the course of his career. RVN was similar in style. In a lot of ways they’re the hardest strikers to play against rather than just sheer raw pace like Rashford.

Looked alright against a striker who lives and breathes running in behind (Higuain), maybe because he didn’t have a problem next to him.
Higuan hardly setting the Prem alight,and lets be honest Chelsea were poor last week.

You are right that the knee jerking with Keane is unhelpful. I probably share the view that many have on here he will never be a top centre half as he's just not comfortable enough high up the pitch. The caveat to that though is we are a long long way off being a top team. His type of defending, winning tackles, headers, blocks etc will do for the foreseeable period.

We need to remember Moyes kept Stubbs and Weir for the bets part of 3-4 years on taking over. Neither would have gotten into his later teams, but provided a stable base for us to work from. Thats how I see Keane.

I also think he has improved a fair amount this season. You don't become a different player but what you can do is improve on your strengths.

He's had 2 years here now and I think he will improve further in his third year and hopefully start showing some leadership. IF/when we ever get to the top 6 then we have a different conversation.
I don’t think we should be desperate to sell him just yet. If we did and as expected we let Zouma go back then that’d leave us with only Mina with at least 2 more to buy. We need some stability and so I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Keane here next season.

I don’t think we should be desperate to sell him just yet. If we did and as expected we let Zouma go back then that’d leave us with only Mina with at least 2 more to buy. We need some stability and so I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Keane here next season.
I usually enjoy the international break weekends,but now you've ruined it for me.

Can we sell him to leicester please?
Sure Zat let’s sell a player who struggled through poor health and adversity but persevered and has begun to show quality again for our team , so much quality that the hottest European national coach , yes Southgate . Showed faith in him and was rewarded with a solid performance
Why the hell keep him after that ?
Let’s sell him and bring in another unknown quantity who will within 2 games divide the GOT analysts once again and they all start clamouring for him to be sold too !
Or perhaps we should continue to develop the squad ... give them the comfort of regular games and the managers trust and start to build something more solid and permanent ....
Hmmmm rant over

Sure Zat let’s sell a player who struggled through poor health and adversity but persevered and has begun to show quality again for our team , so much quality that the hottest European national coach , yes Southgate . Showed faith in him and was rewarded with a solid performance
Let’s sell him and bring in another unknown quantity who will within 2 games divide the GOT analysts once again and they all start clamouring for him to be sold too !
Or perhaps we should continue to develop the squad ... give them the comfort of regular games and the managers trust and start to build something more solid and permanent ....
Hmmmm rant over
lol

Hmmmm rant over
Well if Southgate has been watching Keane in the last couple of months and then still picked him,I think that tells me more about Southgate’s ability, as for the hottest European coach, really?Martinez beat him twice in a couple of weeks when we apparently amazed football supporters everywhere in the last World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.