2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if Southgate has been watching Keane in the last couple of months and then still picked him,I think that tells me more about Southgate’s ability, as for the hottest European coach, really?Martinez beat him twice in a couple of weeks when we apparently amazed football supporters everywhere in the last World Cup
Hate to ask this question, but who else would he pick? John Stones I suppose. But I mean, James Tarkowski is on the roster. He's okay, but not exactly world class. Joe Gomez is still hurt. Cahill? Smalling? Jones? Alfie Mawson? Ben Mee? There are some fantastic English players out there, but not a ton of center halfs.

I’ve always said this....Keane is decent but a big mistake away from capitulating in confidence. He looked good last night I have to say.

I think back to his atrocious season last year and the fairly tentative displays this year (in my opinion). At Chelsea twice nonchantly passing the ball to nobody and into touch, giving the opposition the advantage. Imagine Terry, Ferdinand or dare I say it Van Dyke doing that? Not a chance.

Before I believe in him he needs to start dominating. He needs to be the commander, the governor of the defence. He barely ever shouts at the minute. He needs to lead.

I’ve always said this....Keane is decent but a big mistake away from capitulating in confidence. He looked good last night I have to say.

I think back to his atrocious season last year and the fairly tentative displays this year (in my opinion). At Chelsea twice nonchantly passing the ball to nobody and into touch, giving the opposition the advantage. Imagine Terry, Ferdinand or dare I say it Van Dyke doing that? Not a chance.

Before I believe in him he needs to start dominating. He needs to be the commander, the governor of the defence. He barely ever shouts at the minute. He needs to lead.
Unfortunately, that's is unlikely to happen. Mina will also have games where he will dominate, but he's still going to make some mistakes. I do think if there is any position we could use an older, more mature, steady leader, I think it would be CB.

Sure Zat let’s sell a player who struggled through poor health and adversity but persevered and has begun to show quality again for our team , so much quality that the hottest European national coach , yes Southgate . Showed faith in him and was rewarded with a solid performance
Why the hell keep him after that ?
Let’s sell him and bring in another unknown quantity who will within 2 games divide the GOT analysts once again and they all start clamouring for him to be sold too !
Or perhaps we should continue to develop the squad ... give them the comfort of regular games and the managers trust and start to build something more solid and permanent ....
Hmmmm rant over

So effectively your argument is to keep Keane because he had issues since joining the club and has done ok in a deep defensive line in 2 out of 3 games?

Along with, replacing him with the unknown has risks...

I think if hes not at the level we aspire to, earning a big wage and can currently command a decent fee it would be foolish to keep him.

You will never win anything with Michael Keane in defence over a season. Lets roll the dice.

So effectively your argument is to keep Keane because he had issues since joining the club and has done ok in a deep defensive line in 2 out of 3 games?

I think if hes not at the level we aspire to, earning a big wage and can currently command a decent fee it would be foolish to keep him.

You will never win anything with Michael Keane in defence over a season. Lets roll the dice.
You could say this about every player in the squad

So effectively your argument is keep throwing money and instability at it in the hope that eventually we get it right
There are more areas of the squad need upgrading before Keane

You could say this about every player in the squad

Of course, you can always improve.

You could, most, not all, the thing is Zat wants rid of EVERBODY he doesnt really rate, I mean thats fine, but we arent gonna buy 11 new players this window. We already have to sell 20 or so just to shave the wage bill.

The club has a wealthy backer and as has been identified last season we can loan players out to cover wages till their contracts expire.

Don't you think Marcel Brands and Marco Silva want rid of EVERYBODY they don't rate? Of course they do!

Btw no idea where you get 11 new players from....

Pickford
??? ??? Mina Digne
??? ??? ???
Richarlison ??? Bernard

Virginia
Kenny Holgate ??? ???
Davies ??? Vlasic
Lookman DCL Onyekuru​

I think pretty much everyone agrees we need a starting RB + CB + 2CMs + CF. Im not making any 'outlandish' suggestions here.
For the squad its quite clear we need a 4th choice centre back and also left back cover.

In midfield, Gana appears to be interested to explore other opportunities. Gomes isn't our player and Sigurdsson splits opinion. Vlasic may force his way into the starting 11 but that's an unknown factor.

In my opinion we should be looking at 8 players to come into the squad, or for existing players on the books to force their way in.

The squad players are easy, That leaves 6 players needed to slot into the first team as starters....not 11.

So effectively your argument is keep throwing money and instability at it in the hope that eventually we get it right
There are more areas of the squad need upgrading before Keane

Do you think Mina and Keane can play a high line? Do you think Keane is a good enough starter?

If the answer to either question is negative then he becomes 3rd choice on a high wage.

His stock is high now and he could fetch decent money whilst being nowhere near the level of player needed to break the top 6 imo

Of course, you can always improve.

The club has a wealthy backer and as has been identified last season we can loan players out to cover wages till their contracts expire.

Don't you think Marcel Brands and Marco Silva want rid of EVERYBODY they don't rate? Of course they do!

Btw no idea where you get 11 new players from....

Pickford
??? ??? Mina Digne
??? ??? ???
Richarlison ??? Bernard

Virginia
Kenny Holgate ??? ???
Davies ??? Vlasic
Lookman DCL Onyekuru​

I think pretty much everyone agrees we need a starting RB + CB + 2CMs + CF. Im not making any 'outlandish' suggestions here.
For the squad its quite clear we need a 4th choice centre back and also left back cover.

In midfield, Gana appears to be interested to explore other opportunities. Gomes isn't our player and Sigurdsson splits opinion. Vlasic may force his way into the starting 11 but that's an unknown factor.

In my opinion we should be looking at 8 players to come into the squad, or for existing players on the books to force their way in.

The squad players are easy, That leaves 6 players needed to slot into the first team as starters....not 11.

Do you think Mina and Keane can play a high line? Do you think Keane is a good enough starter?

If the answer to either question is negative then he becomes 3rd choice on a high wage.

His stock is high now and he could fetch decent money whilst being nowhere near the level of player needed to break the top 6 imo

So you dont want 11 new players then, just 10.

Could we not stick Keane in the 2nd team? As 4th choice? While we are there stick Iceland in as well. I agree we need a good few players to get where we need to be, but it wont all be done in 1 window, so the likes of Keane, Iceland, Gana will be phased out when they are replaced. Its like I said with Walcott, when somebody takes his place, by all means get rid. So when we have a better player than Keane, we can get rid.

I think hes improved this season, he still has his faults, but hes a very decent player and I see no reason he should be moved on.

I mean im all about squad depth and I agree with the ???s in the first 11, although with different players, Gana, Gomes and possibly Iceland could slot into that midfield.

But lets deal with the first 11 and getting rid of about 24 players before we start getting rid of our actual decent players.

As for the wealthy backer, the cupboard is pretty bare, loaning players out is great and all, but 20% here and 30% there isnt really gonna keep the wolf from the door for very long.

Pickford
??? ??? Mina Digne
??? ??? ???
Richarlison ??? Bernard​

Keane has been a better player this season then Mina, makes no sense you putting Mina in your team there with question marks next to him.
If we keep Zouma it's one slot we don't need to worry about, not when we do have to get a striker, right back and another keeper first, that right there is most of the budget gone.

So you dont want 11 new players then, just 10.

Could we not stick Keane in the 2nd team? As 4th choice? While we are there stick Iceland in as well. I agree we need a good few players to get where we need to be, but it wont all be done in 1 window, so the likes of Keane, Iceland, Gana will be phased out when they are replaced. Its like I said with Walcott, when somebody takes his place, by all means get rid. So when we have a better player than Keane, we can get rid.

I think hes improved this season, he still has his faults, but hes a very decent player and I see no reason he should be moved on.

I mean im all about squad depth and I agree with the ???s in the first 11, although with different players, Gana, Gomes and possibly Iceland could slot into that midfield.

But lets deal with the first 11 and getting rid of about 24 players before we start getting rid of our actual decent players.

As for the wealthy backer, the cupboard is pretty bare, loaning players out is great and all, but 20% here and 30% there isnt really gonna keep the wolf from the door for very long.

10?

For keane / sigurdsson / gana / walcott they are on big money so surely makes more sense to get the wages off...

Keane has been a better player this season then Mina, makes no sense you putting Mina in your team there with question marks next to him.
If we keep Zouma it's one slot we don't need to worry about, not when we do have to get a striker, right back and another keeper first, that right there is most of the budget gone.

It may not make sense to you, but to me Nina is a better player than Keane and the two combined cant play a high line.

Keanes never been good at it.

Zouma seems to lose concentration alot.

Hate to ask this question, but who else would he pick? John Stones I suppose. But I mean, James Tarkowski is on the roster. He's okay, but not exactly world class. Joe Gomez is still hurt. Cahill? Smalling? Jones? Alfie Mawson? Ben Mee? There are some fantastic English players out there, but not a ton of center halfs.
That is fair comment and you make the point some players are injured, some are too old,my main point is in the last couple of months Keane has not played well enough to be selected for England, in my eyes Michael is not good enough to play for his country, not tough enough, mentally and physically, my heart is in my mouth nearly every time he is involved, basically I don’t trust him, fear a mistake from him, and one of the reasons is we defend too high up the field, when we defend deeper he plays better and my heart comes out of my mouth, but all in all I think we need some one better than him. At the end of the day Crimhead, it really is all about opinions, one man’s meat is another man’s poison.

Status
Not open for further replies.