2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone remember a season over season improvement this huge? We’ve all seen players have a shaky start or whatever but he stunk the place out for an entire season and is now boss!

Pienaar when he first came.

He looked like a lost school boy out on the left wing, but slowly and surely got better and better, as he settled in.

I have been very critical of him, and rightly so. That said he's been very solid of late. Happy for him.
I was never critical of him, I was however critical of the players around him, I said on here that if we got another CB with some speed then Keane would become one of our top players. Got laughed at for that one someone even told me to stop following football because I know nothing about it. I'll even say it now that once Coleman is done Keane will be our next captain.

The turnaround in form for this lad is remarkable. After last season I think everyone would of been happy for him to of been sold. Turns out we can’t always get it right but i for one am glad that we didn’t do something so stupid

So the 100% clean sheet record for the Keane/Mina CB partnership remains intact. Guess which 2 will starting at CB next week.

Anyone wanting Keane replaced at the moment needs their head examined. He has thrived on the competition for places and being injury-free which has given him a huge confidence boost and has resulted in solid performances week in week out this season.

Undroppable at the moment.

I was never critical of him, I was however critical of the players around him, I said on here that if we got another CB with some speed then Keane would become one of our top players. Got laughed at for that one someone even told me to stop following football because I know nothing about it. I'll even say it now that once Coleman is done Keane will be our next captain.

No idea why you wouldn't have been critical of him. He was getting beat 1 v 1 for fun last season. Looked like a pub league defender. I didn't know he was carrying a bad injury at the time. He was bloody awful last season though.

@Eggs will tell you. He's forgotten more football than I know.

Last season Keane looked awful because of what was around him this season he looks good for the same reason. Some players are like that Thomas Gravesen was exactly the same. I'm pleased for him as he could easily have gone into hiding but he stuck with it and both parties now benefiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.