Michael Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The type of player we need and with his talent and age I think it'd be a great signing. Pure central midfielder!

The type of player we need and with his talent and age I think it'd be a great signing. Pure central midfielder!

Ideally, (maybe realistically) I'd have him and Loric Cana. Bag em both for under about 15mill together then scatter the rest, let Moyesy do his wonders with a few cheeky cheap buys for untapped talant.

And Milner also for about 5mill and Fernandes on another loan.

Or...Am I thinking too small?

Last edited:
I think 8mill is a gamble I'd probably take. He's future potential and I think Moyes can mould him into a fine player. He was a key player when Citeh were [Poor language removed] hot at the start of the season - really good agasint the Mancs when they beat them - and scored a few times also. He got injured and then Citeh went a bit average.

If we did get him and he turns [Poor language removed] hot that 8mill would soon double.

seconded

I'd definatly take him but 8 million is a bit expensive and I doubt we'd even get him for that. He's highly rated at City, he's been compared to Colin Bell and is a local lad. We'd be looking to pay 10-12 million if you ask me. The likes of Arsenal and Liverpool are also supposedly interested.

Then there's the fact that he's very very inexperienced. 25 games last season in what was his only season. Before this season he'd been playing reserve football and nothing more. We know nothing about his injury record, consistency and attribute etc. People have called Manuel Fernandes inexperienced and only a talent but he's been playing at the highest level for a few seasons now and is two years older than Johnson. I also think he's a much more talented player than Johnson.

If where looking at City players I'd rather go for Gelson Fernandes. He'd be cheaper, just as young and is more defensive minded. Everyone time I've seen him he's been quality. Has a tremendous engine, tidy footballer, tall at 6ft and puts his foot in. He fits the bill if you ask me.

I'd be happy to see Johnson here as long as he brings his mate Ireland with him (the one with the dead grannies).

I'd definatly take him but 8 million is a bit expensive and I doubt we'd even get him for that. He's highly rated at City, he's been compared to Colin Bell and is a local lad. We'd be looking to pay 10-12 million if you ask me. The likes of Arsenal and Liverpool are also supposedly interested.

Then there's the fact that he's very very inexperienced. 25 games last season in what was his only season. Before this season he'd been playing reserve football and nothing more. We know nothing about his injury record, consistency and attribute etc. People have called Manuel Fernandes inexperienced and only a talent but he's been playing at the highest level for a few seasons now and is two years older than Johnson. I also think he's a much more talented player than Johnson.

If where looking at City players I'd rather go for Gelson Fernandes. He'd be cheaper, just as young and is more defensive minded. Everyone time I've seen him he's been quality. Has a tremendous engine, tidy footballer, tall at 6ft and puts his foot in. He fits the bill if you ask me.

That bit about Gelson Fernandes isn't a bad shout actually, if he was available I'd have a look at him, hopefully wouldn't cost as much. All the attributes you mentioned are exactly what I've seen in him, great engine, good tackler, gets about, won't score you goals but we'd be relying on the other midfielders for that I guess, and he's tall.

That bit about Gelson Fernandes isn't a bad shout actually, if he was available I'd have a look at him, hopefully wouldn't cost as much. All the attributes you mentioned are exactly what I've seen in him, great engine, good tackler, gets about, won't score you goals but we'd be relying on the other midfielders for that I guess, and he's tall.

Agreed. He's pretty quick aswell and covers the ground well. He came on as sub against us at Goodison and got City back in the game with his distribution and energy and he was one of the few City players who had a good game when we beat them at there ground.

Definatly a player I'd look at if the price is right.

I'd take Johnson all day long. He's a top talent an a top player. For 8m it would be a steal. He will replace lampard or gerrard at england very soon.

Would be well happy with him.

As for fernendes at city...........no thanxs

I would be very happy to see Johnson in our squad as for the gambler the clue is owes as in welched so my money is on Rooney.;)

8M?

Well heck, let's just pony up the extra 4M and make Manny's deal permanent.

MJ at 8m or Manny at 12m

decisions, decisions....:oops:

another thing that's getting on my waz is if Valencia are so skint surely we can bully that asking price down for Manny. I'd definitely take Manny at 8m.

8M?

Well heck, let's just pony up the extra 4M and make Manny's deal permanent.

does this need to be an either/or situation if we have an agreement to loan manny for another 12 months why not get hold of mj (worth the money in my book) while the chance is there and maybe after a year with hopefully a bit more money at our disposal to bag manny

MJ at 8m or Manny at 12m

decisions, decisions....:oops:

another thing that's getting on my waz is if Valencia are so skint surely we can bully that asking price down for Manny. I'd definitely take Manny at 8m.

That would be ideal.

does this need to be an either/or situation if we have an agreement to loan manny for another 12 months why not get hold of mj (worth the money in my book) while the chance is there and maybe after a year with hopefully a bit more money at our disposal to bag manny

Agreed.

I'd love to get Manny permanently but REALISTICALLY, I think the loan option for another year makes much more sense for Everton.

So we could get a player like Johnson and keep a player like Manny for another campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.