Votes: 11 2.7%
  • Davies

Votes: 136 33.1%
  • Calvert-Lewin

Votes: 93 22.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the moaning is over now. I honestly think that tonight has told us what we all knew, We badly need a forward. And a number ten. Wayne let me down tonight cos he gave the ball away so often, I do think that's down to the front 3ish not having played before. They'll get better. Wayne will too. Sandro was inefective tonight cos he got closed down quickly by some big fellas. Running off the back of a bigger man though... Nice one to Dominic too. Before his goal he came on and was already causing havoc and looking good. Got some stick on here before now, but what a finish. Davy needs time to settle too but great ball for the killer goal. Keane was ok, Jags had a good game and I honestly thought Ashley Williams played really well tonight. Maybe I missed the bits where he was shizz. Idrissa was Idrissa. Thought he might struggle after the yellow, but nah. Morgan is a complete midfielder. GazBaz did his thing too. If you're gonna take Morgan off with ten mins left then Barry is the right sub. Tom Davies should start every game now. Cos he's ace. And he don't tuck his shirt in much.

Can't be moaning. This is a team that are, fitness wise, ahead of us. West Ham and Southampton have both gone out of this comp early in the last few years. We're better than them and we're going into the group stages whoever we get in morra's draw for the last (early) knockout round... COYB.

Some of the moaning is over now. I honestly think that tonight has told us what we all knew, We badly need a forward. And a number ten. Wayne let me down tonight cos he gave the ball away so often, I do think that's down to the front 3ish not having played before. They'll get better. Wayne will too. Sandro was inefective tonight cos he got closed down quickly by some big fellas. Running off the back of a bigger man though... Nice one to Dominic too. Before his goal he came on and was already causing havoc and looking good. Got some stick on here before now, but what a finish. Davy needs time to settle too but great ball for the killer goal. Keane was ok, Jags had a good game and I honestly thought Ashley Williams played really well tonight. Maybe I missed the bits where he was shizz. Idrissa was Idrissa. Thought he might struggle after the yellow, but nah. Morgan is a complete midfielder. GazBaz did his thing too. If you're gonna take Morgan off with ten mins left then Barry is the right sub. Tom Davies should start every game now. Cos he's ace. And he don't tuck his shirt in much.

Can't be moaning. This is a team that are, fitness wise, ahead of us. West Ham and Southampton have both gone out of this comp early in the last few years. We're better than them and we're going into the group stages whoever we get in morra's draw for the last (early) knockout round... COYB.

A target man, Siguardsson, CB and possibly a pacy winger who can unlock the oppostion defence.

In the end, barely out of first gear and eased through over both legs, so that's a plus. I just really, really hope we're going to look a lot better by the time Stoke roll into town.

Austria Vienna
Suduva
AEK Larnaca
Shkendija
Dinamo Zagreb
Apollon Limassol
FC Oleksandria
Panathinakos
Crvena Zvezda
Zenit st Petersburg
Videoton
Fenerbahce
Ostersunds FK
Krasnodor
Maritimo
PAOK Salonika
Skenderbeu
FC Utrecht
SC Rheindorf Altach
FC Midtjylland
Hadjuk Split
Athletic Bilbao
Marseille
AC Milan
NK Osijek
Maccabi Tel - Aviv
Domzale
Everton
AIK as the score stands going through against Sporting Braga

I'd rather be crap and win than play all the beautiful football in the world and lose.

We aren't quite clicking yet but I'm never going to stop feeling happy with winning.
We don't have to improve on that tripe tonight mate. That is a VERY low bar to overcome. We have to go way beyond last season's form and performances.

We have a mountain to climb already it looks like. This team looks WORSE than last season's. I know it's early and we need to have time to get better, but we are looking to make, in the end, about £150m of team spending pay to get us into a CL spot or a trophy win.

Austria Vienna
Suduva
AEK Larnaca
Shkendija
Dinamo Zagreb
Apollon Limassol
FC Oleksandria
Panathinakos
Crvena Zvezda
Zenit st Petersburg
Videoton
Fenerbahce
Ostersunds FK
Krasnodor
Maritimo
PAOK Salonika
Skenderbeu
FC Utrecht
SC Rheindorf Altach
FC Midtjylland
Hadjuk Split
Athletic Bilbao
Marseille
AC Milan
NK Osijek
Maccabi Tel - Aviv
Domzale

Not Krasnodar again. We'd need to get Eto'o back.

anyone got a list of teams who have qualified?

kymY2u3.png

Seeded goes in one pot, unseeded goes in another. So we will only be drawn against teams on the right-hand column

We don't have to improve on that tripe tonight mate. That is a VERY low bar to overcome. We have to go way beyond last season's form and performances.

We have a mountain to climb already it looks like. This team looks WORSE than last season's. I know it's early and we need to have time to get better, but we are looking to make, in the end, about £150m of team spending pay to get us into a CL spot or a trophy win.

No team with half a dozen new signings has ever fully clicked ten days before the first league game. If we'd have lost tonight I'd be beside myself probably, but we kept 2 clean sheets which is always good. Goal threat can and will improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.