McNulty has spoken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but my point is that the 'tipping point' should have been predetermined. It should have been "we've got a two week break coming up here - we'll see how results are gone, meet and reassess after the Burnley game". That would be competency - constant checkpoints, assessing overall form and patterns.

There's absolutely no logic behind having the West Ham game as that checkpoint. None. Makes absolutely no sense.
So because their tipping point isn't exactly the same as yours, they're incompetent? Interesting take.

I’ve said previously I think he’ll get until Xmas, but the fumeometer will be at bursting point if we lose to West Ham, and all bets will be off. What’s Fonseca doing these days? I got quite excited when I thought he was coming to us last year.

I can understand how there is no appetite amongst the hierarchy to sack him, and quite obviously that has contributed to him been given time, or more time, whichever way you want to look at it.

If they are determined to avoid a repeat of the Unsworth/Allardyce interlude, then that demonstrates some degree of competency at least, and lessons learned.

There are some who think the sack is a cure-all when it plainly is not.

Sacking Silva does not fix any problem in itself, that does not mean he can carry on regardless but I'd much rather they showed some co-ordination of actions between a sacking and a new appointment. In the overall scheme of things, if it means some additional games are required before making a change to bridge that gap, then, in mid October, it can't be described as catastrophic.

If he goes and we are left hanging for a manager weeks later, then clearly they will have learned nothing, and that's before being able to assess the credentials and experience of any successor.

Feeling a lot of apathy towards our games atm, hopefully we win tomorrow and it's worth dragging myself out of bed at 5am for but whatever the result is there's no doubt Silva hasn't got much long to go regardless. Would be great if things could work out but I just cant see it.

Yes but my point is that the 'tipping point' should have been predetermined. It should have been "we've got a two week break coming up here - we'll see how results are gone, meet and reassess after the Burnley game". That would be competency - constant checkpoints, assessing overall form and patterns.

There's absolutely no logic behind having the West Ham game as that checkpoint. None. Makes absolutely no sense.

And it also makes no sense having a 2 week International break as a tipping point.

Lets say we appointed a new manager straight after Burnley.

He would have had Baines and Walcott in training for 10 days, then given 3 days training with the whole squad, maybe Baines could have taught him how to play the guitar?

BUT, if hes sacked Sunday, a new manager would have a full week training before Brighton.

Basically everybody is thinking 2 week break, but the majority of our players didnt have a 2 week break.

I’ve said previously I think he’ll get until Xmas, but the fumeometer will be at bursting point if we lose to West Ham, and all bets will be off. What’s Fonseca doing these days? I got quite excited when I thought he was coming to us last year.

I think the board are deffo reluctant to get rid but if we lose tomorrow I don't think they will have a choice

And it also makes no sense having a 2 week International break as a tipping point.

Lets say we appointed a new manager straight after Burnley.

He would have had Baines and Walcott in training for 10 days, then given 3 days training with the whole squad, maybe Baines could have taught him how to play the guitar?

BUT, if hes sacked Sunday, a new manager would have a full week training before Brighton.

Basically everybody is thinking 2 week break, but the majority of our players didnt have a 2 week break.

It's two weeks to give the manager time to bed in, not just necessarily have time with the players.

Or realistically a week, as we'd finalise terms with a replacement in the first few days.

That's my fear - that we aren't identifying replacements because we have nothing in place because Silva might be fine if he wins against West Ham. It really isn't how I'd expect a professional club to be run. I'd rather believe Silva is genuinely safe regardless of West Ham, despite wanting him out, because it really would show competency.

Mentioned Marco Rose - Get him

A great shout, anyone who saw Salzburg in the EL last year would agree, but... He's just signed a 3 year deal with Borussia Monchengladbach who he currently has at the top of the Bundesliga. Sadly I doubt he's available even with a massive payout.

It's two weeks to give the manager time to bed in, not just necessarily have time with the players.

Or realistically a week, as we'd finalise terms with a replacement in the first few days.

That's my fear - that we aren't identifying replacements because we have nothing in place because Silva might be fine if he wins against West Ham. It really isn't how I'd expect a professional club to be run. I'd rather believe Silva is genuinely safe regardless of West Ham, despite wanting him out, because it really would show competency.
That's an interesting comment, whether intentional or not. Just how much training do you think they've managed the past 2 weeks? Considering most, if not all, of our starting XI, were out playing for their countries. I highly doubt they were flying back & forth.

Ugh, that makes me think there's going to be no changes, the same XI, etc., because they weren't able to train anything new since the Burnley match. God I hope I'm somehow wrong.

I think hes safe regardless of West Ham.

But I also think Moyes is ready to step in within 24 hours.

bd5ed73019a114c376b8d6c1a9c1597b.gif

I don't believe there's not a short list of managers that Brands and the rest of the board have agreed fit the profile. Any club should have one regardless of how well they're doing, because no-one knows what's around the corner. City have the best manager in the world, but they surely have a list somewhere just in case Pep suddenly feels he needs to be back in Spain or gets hit by a bus etc.

I no longer think Silva is the long term answer but I'd hope that unless they get the word that someone on that short list is available, for a feasible sum in compensation and would come mid-season, that they hold their nerve and hope to get through this patch and get to the close season.

I trust Moyes to keep the PL status but appointing him brings its own dangers. Look at United with OGS, he comes in, gets a response and a wave of sentiment leads them to making the appointment permanent, when he probably isn't the kind of manager they were after, which I think applies to Moyes also?

ps. Did anyone else picture McNulty from the Wire when they saw this thread title?

Status
Not open for further replies.