Homepage Update: Mayor's Bramley Moore Dock Open Letter To Evertonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenals previous ground, the four sided Highbury, was also known as "the library".
"Thousands of Arsenal supporters have voiced their support for changes to generate a more vibrant and hostile match-day atmosphere at the Emirates Stadium.
More than 17,000 fans engaged in a survey and more than half of those polled agreed the current atmosphere was 'poor'.
And there was overwhelming support for the London club to revive the spirit of the old Highbury Clock End."

Unless Meiss can produce something previously unseen accommodating a tempory track will necessitate a shallow rake bowl design and we'll be having the same conversations, as above, in 10 years.

Do we know what Birmingham are doing for the stadium? I would have the thought there would be a reluctance to opt for another bid that includes a conversion like this where conversation costs could spiral like with the London world championships although in fairness I believe the Glasgow games were deemed a success

They already have a stadium (albeit 12.5k) that they would add temporary seating to. In their favour is that the UKA's head office is located at that stadium.

I've seen som BAWK threads, I've shook my head at some of them. This is literally the most BAWK thread I've ever seen.

It is quite BAWKY, however we have been told things that lead to questions that need addressing. We have been told that we will be in the stadium before and after the games, so it rules out heavy duty rebuilding afterwards. The council will only pay the conversion costs, so it rules out expensive solutions like moveable stands.

We have been told we can have an intimidating ground with seats close to the pitch yet can be big enough for a raised platform to hold an athletics track. Hmmm...

When we first heard about the games I was for it as i thought 1) it helps push the stadium along 2) we would be paid handsomely to either reduce the debt or to add value by having a moveable stands or a roof to make it truly a multi-purpose stadium and to get around the problems that it just doesn't fit.

Unless we lose 30k plus seats it shouldn't be possible yet some people are saying the capacity is 50 to 55k. No one has yet mentioned 60k. Why bother going through the hassle of all this unless it's a condition of the guarantor deal or getting the land in the first place. (infrastructure) Things are not adding up. I'm not panicking until we see the proposals but I'm definitely more weary than I was before.

Hampden has huge gaps all the way around especially at the ends (like the Old Wembley) and they still lost eight rows of seats.

Please explain to me mathematically how we'll be able to accommodate a temporary platform for the loss of on 2 more rows? (Seat depth is approx 0.700 mm - 0.800mm)

The laws of physics can't be changed just because Meis says that it won't affect the tightness to the pitch.

We know that athletics require an area of >16500 square metres so even leaving one end open would still require a fairly sizeable platform.

Twice you've mentioned only needing to build over 10 rows......please explain how other than our new ground looking like Hampden?

It is ok mate Meis is paid big bucks so he can defy the laws of physics. Seriously we need to wait and see what the plans are but if they do not involve a moveable, temporary or incomplete end stand and we are shown some inconclusive renders without specifying detail on proximity then we know we are in trouble.

It is quite BAWKY, however we have been told things that lead to questions that need addressing. We have been told that we will be in the stadium before and after the games, so it rules out heavy duty rebuilding afterwards. The council will only pay the conversion costs, so it rules out expensive solutions like moveable stands.

We have been told we can have an intimidating ground with seats close to the pitch yet can be big enough for a raised platform to hold an athletics track. Hmmm...

When we first heard about the games I was for it as i thought 1) it helps push the stadium along 2) we would be paid handsomely to either reduce the debt or to add value by having a moveable stands or a roof to make it truly a multi-purpose stadium and to get around the problems that it just doesn't fit.

Unless we lose 30k plus seats it shouldn't be possible yet some people are saying the capacity is 50 to 55k. No one has yet mentioned 60k. Why bother going through the hassle of all this unless it's a condition of the guarantor deal or getting the land in the first place. (infrastructure) Things are not adding up. I'm not panicking until we see the proposals but I'm definitely more weary than I was before.

I am certainly weary about it like you but is it not conceivable that a moveable stand would be a feature that could benefit other events so could be a permanent feature of the stadium thus funded by the club or alternatively the stadium will be incomplete for our first season and we are able to finish the final end stand the next season?

How big is the actual dock? Not the site, the actual dock with water in it?

Like is it big enough to have a football pitch at the bottom, tight stands on the way up, then the higher stands above ground?

Cos if it is, big enough that is, then in theory, you could sort of drop a track into the ground, then just lift it back out after. No compromise on the ground there. I think.

Blame the sun if thats bonkers.

Like is it big enough to have a football pitch at the bottom, tight stands on the way up, then the higher stands above ground?

Cos if it is, big enough that is, then in theory, you could sort of drop a track into the ground, then just lift it back out after. No compromise on the ground there. I think.

Get a sun hat RayRay.

Fire.gif

I am certainly weary about it like you but is it not conceivable that a moveable stand would be a feature that could benefit other events so could be a permanent feature of the stadium thus funded by the club or alternatively the stadium will be incomplete for our first season and we are able to finish the final end stand the next season?

The cost that keeps coming up (around 300M) just wouldn't stretch to a moveable stand which would probably be 100M on top. Although that is just my guesstimation. Surely the only point of having it would be for something like these games and if we are not being paid for it (JA's 27M figure would just cover the temporary platform) then when else would we recover the costs?

The missing end I just can't see working if we need a raised platform. Temporary stands behind the goal themselves would be on stilts and that again would cost way more than 27M. Without the anchor points like you get with enclosed stands would make it quite a challenge.

It could be that the side stands have retractable seating keeping the height of the platform down but still that would be a squeeze and surely those stands would not be as steep as desired.

I'm sure there must be a good reason why we are thinking about going down this path, we just need to be informed. Perhaps we will get a huge naming sponsor off the back of it?

Just a waiting game to find out what they have up their sleeves. There could be cunning workarounds that we haven't thought about.

Funny how all these soul less grounds like the eithad and emirates seem to still see their teams win derbies/cup semi finals and to top 4/title finishes. Whereas the snarling Goodison that everyone on here is raving about hasnt exactly done much for us in terms of trophies or derby wins has it.

Perhaps time for a coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.