Transfer Rumour Maximillian James Aarons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Il never watch a youtube vid for scouting again after seeing Niasse and thinking we might have a decent player on our hands here :oops:

The only player I felt we got something totally different from his YouTube video was Bily.. he did have a left foot but I thought he was a pacy winger.. turned out slower than a cart horse.

I genuinely don't know the answer, different stats sites and models calculate what a "big chance" is different and I personally haven't seen anything saying that, but it is certainly plausible.
That was from the official Premier League statistics provided by Opta. FWIW, I think the stats do suggest that his low number of assists is more down to poor finishing from his teammates than lack of creativity on his part.

That was from the official Premier League statistics provided by Opta. FWIW, I think the stats do suggest that his low number of assists is more down to poor finishing from his teammates than lack of creativity on his part.
Yeah there are numerous variables with stats, however i would have thought that no assists in 32 league games when your teams top of the league and are the 4th top scorers doesnt make great reading for an 'attacking' fullback.
However, I think at £25m its a low risk signing.
He's young, fast and seems comfortable on the ball. If he develops at even a decent level over the next few years could end up being a mainstay for a long time.

... plays every minute of every game, rarely injured...

Another huge positive, for me.

We've got a number of key players who can often miss a good 20% plus of the season in Allan, Digne, James, Gbamin and need a few more reliable ever-presents to add to DCL, Richarlison and Doucoure, so we don't end up having to be as stretched as we have been at times this season, where we've been regularly been playing 4 centre halves as our back 4. As well as we did to handle the Coleman and Digne injuries, we did have to sacrifice a lot of attacking threat while our full backs weren't going past halfway.

Same height as Digne isnt he? Although I'd rather have taller players, I dont think its a particular requirement for the fullback position. The fact that he has pace, energy, skill and attacking ability is a plus these days.

Not sure how good defensively he is but he's still young enough to improve a lot and Digne and Baines are/were not the best defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.