• GrandOldTeam do not endorse any ticket transaction made via our website. All transactions are made at your own risk.

All online purchases carry some risk. To help mitigate that risk, we recommend;

• Payment Method. Do not, under any circumstance pay via direct bank transfer. This payment method offers you no protection whatsoever. Once you pay, there no way to reverse the payment and your bank will not refund, or track any money lost. Do your home work on payment methods, understand what, if any protection each offer. As an example, Paypal offers some valuable added protection.

• Where possible meet face to face, ideally at one of Everton's matches and exchange in person.

• If a person attempts to communicate via GOT private messaging, texts or other messaging services rather than through an open forum, please be cautious.

• Use the search function in the thread to see if the poster has offered tickets before, contact via private conversation anyone who appears to have bought from the poster in the past to verify.

• Check the poster's history on this site - has the poster registered here recently or been here a long time? Have other members have a positive exchange in the past with the poster?

• If in any doubt, contact a moderator of GrandOldTeam here.

Match Ticket Thread - Spares/Requests - FACE VALUE OR LESS ONLY!

Everything you've said there sounds like classic Tinnion. He's up to it on Twitter aswell so the more of us who can get on to him, the better. The club have him flagged now too. The club told me on Friday they rang his phone 8 times, left voicemails etc and have it all recorded. He still denied that had happened.
I've been stung by the same fella today. Weird though as I've had successful dealings with him previously.

Everything you've said there sounds like classic Tinnion. He's up to it on Twitter aswell so the more of us who can get on to him, the better. The club have him flagged now too. The club told me on Friday they rang his phone 8 times, left voicemails etc and have it all recorded. He still denied that had happened.

He's been banned on here since October.

Strange one, he'd been a member since 2013 and plenty reported that they had a good experience with him.

Then suddenly there was a lot of people saying he ripped them off. Everyone who reached out to me, eventually got their money back.

A useful reminder on the pinned post at the top of this thread;

GrandOldTeam do not endorse any ticket transaction made via our website. All transactions made at your own risk.

All online purchases carry some risk. To help mitigate that risk, we recommend;

• Payment Method. Do not, under any circumstance pay via direct bank transfer. This payment method offers you no protection whatsoever. Once you pay, there no way to reverse the payment and your bank will not refund, or track any money lost. Do your home work on payment methods, understand what, if any protection each offer. As an example, Paypal offers some valuable added protection.

• Where possible meet face to face, ideally at one of Everton's matches and exchange in person.

• If a person attempts to communicate via GOT private messaging, texts or other messaging services rather than through an open forum, please be cautious.

• Use the search function in the thread to see if the poster has offered tickets before, contact via private conversation anyone who appears to have bought from the poster in the past to verify.

• Check the poster's history on this site - has the poster registered here recently or been here a long time?

• If in any doubt, contact a moderator of GrandOldTeam here.

It's unfortunate he's ripped off several,.perhaps dozens of people. But no-one is holding the forum responsible. Don't think we need the "shouldn't have been a silly boy then" routine from admin!

It's unfortunate he's ripped off several,.perhaps dozens of people. But no-one is holding the forum responsible. Don't think we need the "shouldn't have been a silly boy then" routine from admin!

Excuse me?

I'll take any and every opportunity to remind people to be cautious. For good reason. Especially with a derby this evening.

If you don't like it, see that log out button?

Yeah he scammed me over Burnley away tickets last year. Told him I didn't want a refund after he concocted a story to accuse me of being the one scamming, said to donate the money to Forget Me Not children's hospice, never saw proof that he did so effectively he's robbed sick and dying kids.

Edit to add the username when I dealt with him with was smoketheash420
Same here - for Burnley and City away last season, got my money back eventually.

And I didn't know smoketheash420 was him as well, yeah he did attempt another posing as that. Admin banned this account soon enough before he could do more harm.

Good responsible administration doesn't let a raging ego get in the way of that. Happy to help

What an odd view. Someone sent me a direct message and someone else tagged me in this thread - I'd commented simply confirming the facts and used the opportunity to remind people to be careful. I spent a lot of time chasing peoples money back for that member and so I won't make no apology for reminding people to exercise caution.

What's the issue? Why so defensive?

What an odd view. Someone sent me a direct message and someone else tagged me in this thread - I'd commented simply confirming the facts and used the opportunity to remind people to be careful. I spent a lot of time chasing peoples money back for that member and so I won't make no apology for reminding people to exercise caution.

What's the issue? Why so defensive?
That's great. But maybe don't add a weird "if you're too lazy" addendum....odd response.

I spent a lot of time chasing peoples money back for that member and so I won't make no apology for reminding people to exercise caution.

This gives the impression that he was at it for quite a while before he got banned. I suggested back in March that he might not be a great person to allow to sell tickets through this forum yet he continued to mess people around till he was banned in October? Responsibility does ultimately lie with us as individuals but you as site owner knew it was happening with some regularity and could have protected people, and I say that with all due respect to you with everything you do to run this forum.

This gives the impression that he was at it for quite a while before he got banned. I suggested back in March that he might not be a great person to allow to sell tickets through this forum yet he continued to mess people around till he was banned in October? Responsibility does ultimately lie with us as individuals but you as site owner knew it was happening with some regularity and could have protected people, and I say that with all due respect to you with everything you do to run this forum.
To be fair smoketheash420 his other account was quite swiftly banned around March - I didn't regularly monitor his original account though.