Match of your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the most memorable Everton match that you've witnessed as an Evertonian?

You don't have to of been in the stadium, just a game that took place during your time as an Evertonian.

This is an idea taken from Radio City, as I've just listened to Tony Scotts choice.

He chose the 1-0 V UTD in 04/05

I'd go with Everton beating Arsenal 3-0

This is obviously an age related thread so some of the older folks will have Trophy winning memories.

What's yours?

Tough one this to call , either Rotterdam 85 or Bayern 85 , but I will go for Bayern , I have never before or since heard the roar of any crowd like that night . When the say the roof lifted , well it did and it's never been heard or seen since .

2 very different games and teams but nevertheless two games that are turning points in our history. Semi v bayern (winner knew they would get a European trophy and the atmosphere, occasion and football played in the second half makes it number 1)
Second Wimbledon game, unbelievable atmosphere, dragged a poor team from the depths of despair and 2-0, staring relegation in the face to an unlikely 3-2 victory. Cried my eyes out after the game through the sheer emotion of the game and the impact on the club.
Just goes to show what a positive atmosphere can have on our team and the detrimental affect on the opposition.
I'll be honest I don't know how we can recreate the atmosphere from those games. The only games that can come close in terms of atmosphere were the 2 victories over United Ferguson and felliani with their headers.

15 year old lad and first year as a season ticket holder and last game to stay up against Wimbledon. when Horne scored that goal I ended up in three rows upfront of my seat. That game is definitely the most emotional, I swear I took the grass Stuart scored the winner from.

Elland Road Semi final is the most enjoyable match for me. I'll always remember waving bye to the spurs fans and them kicking off. That was pure ecstasy and better than the final for me.

I went to the semi, the final, but couldn't get a ticket for the FA cup final. I was devastated. 15 and sulked because I couldn't do all three...ah the good old days...
Yeah I went the semi the final spent a week in holland came home day of cup final train home to find out my old man had me a cup final ticket
Oh for the good old days of transalpino

Young Boys away! the atmosphere was boss too!

I remember watching it back on TV and as the 2nd half kicked off you could still hear us all on the concourse going wild!

And this always makes me howl in laughter!!

We drove down too so the whole trip and occasion was just boss!

Only time I have ever seen Everton away in Europe - Young Boys in Europa League. Just brilliant, the atmosphere was boss. Also being in the capital of Switzerland and it sounding like town on a Saturday night, Scouse accents everywhere. The annoyed blue imploring the bar tender in our hotel to "fill me pint right up lad, that's costing about seven quid"

But my absolute favourite, being at the FA Cup Final in 1984. The start of the glory days of the 80s. That day, that team, the incredible high when we won, travelling back to Lime Street on the train. Amazing.

Being 11 and coming out and down bullens road after the Bayern semi and being scared shitless cos the Street end lot were all singing and seemed to have formed a single mass and took us away like a river and losing me old fellas hand. Turns out me old fella was more worried than me, which is why I was picked up and put in someone's doorway. Apparently the match was quite good. Only remember my hero scoring the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.