Matías Vecino

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't want to rain on any parades and certainly don't like talking about seriously injured footballers, but has gomes really been that great for us?
I like him, and I can see what he COULD bring to us, but he has only done it in small flashes as far as I can recall. I certainly can't remember ever seeing him run as effectively with the ball as vicino, or being as mobile as this lad is. Amongst the cute passes gomes has made, there have been an awful lot of square balls too.

for the second half of last season, and the matches he played in this one, he looked laboured in his play and slightly unfit/overweight. Remember the Villa game?

Listen, I hope gomes gets fit again and that he turns into the player he has the potential to, but let's not look through rose tinted glasses believing he is our saviour and all will be well when he gets back. I'm still not 100% convinced that he will always be the number 1 midfielder we entrust.

don't want to rain on any parades and certainly don't like talking about seriously injured footballers, but has gomes really been that great for us?
I like him, and I can see what he COULD bring to us, but he has only done it in small flashes as far as I can recall. I certainly can't remember ever seeing him run as effectively with the ball as vicino, or being as mobile as this lad is. Amongst the cute passes gomes has made, there have been an awful lot of square balls too.

for the second half of last season, and the matches he played in this one, he looked laboured in his play and slightly unfit/overweight. Remember the Villa game?

Listen, I hope gomes gets fit again and that he turns into the player he has the potential to, but let's not look through rose tinted glasses believing he is our saviour and all will be well when he gets back. I'm still not 100% convinced that he will always be the number 1 midfielder we entrust.

People always point at that Villa game.

Hes had vastly better games for us than that, but no Andre Gomes isnt a world class player, I will admit that, what he is tho is a wonderful player, who ON HIS DAY, will dominate any midfield in the world.

Hes had vastly better games for us than that, but no Andre Gomes isnt a world class player, I will admit that, what he is tho is a wonderful player, who ON HIS DAY, will dominate any midfield in the world.
Agree, on his day he is fantastic. Unfortunately, like nearly all, in fact all our players, he lacks the ability to do it anything like weekly.

Such a shame.

Was a big fan of his at the last WC for Uruguay. If I remember correctly he's got some snide to him. Sign him up Marcel!

He is good because all the others are crap. Sign someone with pace power tackling and fancy forward passing and Gomes will be sitting in the bench week in week out.

Last 7 games of the season in April /May
Home to
Leicester .Southampton,Villa , Bournemouth
Away to
Spurs ,Wolves ,Sheff utd

A midfield 3 of Gomes Gbamim and this lad would give us a good shot at 14/15 points

after seeing the clips, he's exactly what we need. we have no running power or penetration in midfield at all. he looks to have these qualities in bucket loads. teams need players like this to break through 'the two banks of four' defensive units. to be honest, he looks more mobile than gomes, and he can dribble out of tight spaces. we need midfielders who can take risks and look forward, and whose first instinct is not try and off-load the ball to someone else square or deep . I think you could play both gomes and this lad in the same team; gomes as the Pirlo, vicino as the gattuso. Hope we get him.

Youre comparing Gomes with Pirlo and Vecino with Gattuso?

Mindblown.

Am I right in assuming Inter paid decent money for him (20+ million a couple of years ago?) Has he kicked on a bit while there?

Looking at some numbers he looks good to be decent at shooting, a bit creative and ok at the defensive side of the game (but not spectacular in any area?)

Is there any update on the fee involved?

My view would be this is one being driven by Ancelotti as opposed to Brands (unless Brands has some statistical or scouting expertise we are unaware of). In a lot of ways it makes sense to back the manager? Our first choice two would seem to be Gomes/Gbamin so the question will be can this lad improve upon them? He may be better than all else we have currently.

Ive posted a few times on him mate..the rumour is they want the fee they paid. Hes more consistent than Gomes, quicker, better tackler but more of an all rounder and not as good as Gomes when hes on form.

Last 7 games of the season in April /May
Home to
Leicester .Southampton,Villa , Bournemouth
Away to
Spurs ,Wolves ,Sheff utd

A midfield 3 of Gomes Gbamim and this lad would give us a good shot at 14/15 points

Why would that midfield give us a shot of 14/15pts?

Dont get it?

Youre comparing Gomes with Pirlo and Vecino with Gattuso?

Mindblown.

Ive posted a few times on him mate..the rumour is they want the fee they paid. Hes more consistent than Gomes, quicker, better tackler but more of an all rounder and not as good as Gomes when hes on form.

Why would that midfield give us a shot of 14/15pts?

Dont get it?
Because it does not include Delph ,Morgan or Davies

Reminds me of arteta. Quality on his day but then vanished during games. Nobody has ever asked the question why Arteta never went to Madrid or Barcelona, because he werent consistently good enough. Gomes has been to Barca but didnt cut it for whatever reason.
We miss Andre though because we have nothing better. If him and Gbamin can forge a decent partnership then their ability combined will more than make up for any lack of world class ability or consistency. If Matias Vecino can replace Morgan, it would be great business.

Status
Not open for further replies.